cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Jodiveronica
New Contributor

Smartmag scam

Scrolling through Facebook reading a link and all of a sudden I’m charged a $15 fee to my Optus account, from smart mag that I didn’t sign up for! 

How can I make sure this doesn’t happen again and get a refund as well as turn off the ability for third parties to charge anything to my Optus account? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Re: Smartmag scam

Hey @Jodiveronica, sorry to hear that :/

You can block the charges yourself as detailed here (in the "How to check usage and manage spend" section). We can do this for you on our end, and also raise a dispute to have any charges refunded. Send through a private message with the full name, account/phone number and DOB and we'll get that sorted for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors