Searching...

Re: Smart mag

[ Edited ]
Loz1411

Hello. I've somehow accidentally subscribed to this service.  I've immediately called the number to unsubscribe. I do not ever intend to use this service. Please turn off the premium sms on my account and a refund would be appreciated. I will PM you now

Tris

Hi @Loz1411, sorry about that, you can limit your premium content spend via the My Optus app. Please contact our Web Chat team for assistance with checking if you've been charged. If you have been and you're unsure how you subscribed to the content, they can raise a dispute via our internal system

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

EvieDjango

This happened to me tonight. 

Looking at a Facebook article. Clicking next to view the next page - did this 5 times for each page. On the 6th press the next button changed to a pay now button and I saw it said payment successfully completed. 

Then received a text confirming subscription. 

Called number and cancelled subscription. 

Sent emails to this scam company too requesting not to be charged. They replied back immediately to emails with canned response stating I “agreed” and that it was as legally binding as if I were to sign papers. 

Is there a moderator who can assist me with a refund of the $15 to my bill. This has upset me a lot considering how long I’ve used Optus for with no issues, that they allow this type of nonsense to occur. 

GuyCS

Hey @EvieDjango - thanks for reaching out. Not great to hear you've been signed up for third-party content services if you didn't request them. These third-party providers can be pretty sneaky in how they sign you up. 

We'd recommend contacting our Web Chat team → here who'll be able to dispute the charges and request a full refund for you. On top of this, they can also limit your content services spending to $0 to prevent charges like this in future. You can also change your spending limit via the My Optus App.

If Live Chat have been unable to help, please send me a private message with your full name, date of birth, and account or service number (for privacy reasons) so that we can follow up for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Pyang

Help... This happened to me too... I did the LiveChat with optus, they confirmed that smartmag took $15, charge to my phone bill. Optus already contacted smartmag and i have to wait 5 working days for smartmag to contact me, so hopefully i get a refund. Should I just call smartmag? My husband rang them yesterday but no answer. I dont know if its because its sunday so we didnt get any answer or they are really dodgy. Pls. Help. I dont want that subscription.

Shauna

Hey @Pyang - can definitely help with this one. 

Can you please private message me filling out the following →

Full Name

DOB

Mobile/Account number

Account holder Y/N 

EssCreative

This has just happened to my daughter, who is is on my account. How do I stop it? 

Shauna

Hey @EssCreative - We can help out! Can you please send me a PM confirming →

Full Name

DOB

Mobile Number

Account Holder Y/N

Kristy1989

Hi,

The same thing has happened to me.

I've tried "stop" and "cancel" with no luck

What do I do?!

GuyCS

Hey @Kristy1989 - feel free to send me a private message with the following info:

Full Name:

DOB:

Mobile Number:

Account Holder: Y/N

Once we have that, we'll look into this for you.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
17 Kudos
8 Kudos
5 Kudos
5 Kudos
5 Kudos