cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Scams

I logged a complaint regarding an unauthorised debit to my account. 

OPTUS replied - 
The charges on your broabdnad service is content services which I have blocked it so in future you will not be charged by them. Reagrding refund you need to call the service provider on 1300724406 or email them on help@dcbsupport.com so once they agree to refund this will be adjusted in your next bill. 

Subsequent contact with "digitalturbine" has been unsatisfactory. They have referred me to another 3 "suppliers" - Boxplay  - Hot Amateurs -  Apptips & Apply Downloads.

All these seem to have been recorded on various websites as scammers.

I have advised "digitalturbine" that I must receive a refund within 24 hours or I will be advising the ombudsman, the federal police & the NSW police.

I am not sure how this debit was allowed to be processed to my account. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Scams

Its a scam. 

Half of Optus appears to acknowledge this, the other half don't. 

the ombudsman, the federal police & the NSW police have better things to than worry about your $18 out of pocket expence which is why the scam works. 

Contact Optus and request they refute the charges. Optus will recieve no reply and recredit you the money.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I was charge $119 98 -

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I hope there's a decimal point in there somewhere!

My point wasn't about the actual sum involved. Just that the scam works because it's invariably a small amount (they used to hit people with $1000's but the ACCC finally shut that down.)

So have you asked Optus to refute the charges again?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Hey @FitzSnuggly, I'm sorry that the consultant didn't offer to put submit a dispute on your behalf. I'd really suggest jumping back onto live chat and ask them to raise a dispute for you → http://yesopt.us/chat2us. You shouldn't be required to chase this one up on your own accord.

If the consultant still isn't willing to pop through your request (they shouldn't refuse) then we can always organise that for you from our end. We'll generally have a response back from the content provider within 2-3 business days. We then process the refund as an account adjustment or cheque (which ever method you prefer.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos