cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

SPAM / SCAM? Received just now. I dont pay B-pay and this isn't my account number

Update to your BPAY details 
Account Number: “<removed>”

Hi Margaret,

Thanks for your recent payment. We've noticed you made the payment to the BPAY details connected with your old Optus account, but don’t worry, we’ve redirected your payment to the correct account.

Please follow the quick and easy steps below to make sure you’re all set for future payments.

What do you need to do?

To make sure your payments are directed to your correct Optus account moving forward, please update your BPAY details with your bank to the below:

Biller Code: “<removed>”
Customer Reference: “<removed>”
We're here to help

Questions? Contact us via optus.com.au/contactus.

Thanks,
Your Optus Team
Need Help?
Message us ›
Personalised 24/7 support in My Optus app and online via My Account
Help & Support ›
Privacy

This email was sent by: Optus 1 Lyonpark Road Macquarie Park, NSW, 2113, Australia. If you are not the intended recipient and we've sent this email to you in error, please let us know here.
THIS IS A SYSTEM GENERATED EMAIL. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: SPAM / SCAM? Received just now. I dont pay B-pay and this isn't my account number

Sadly it seems to be legit.

I would still never actually click on any links in any electronic communication and Optus should be ashamed that it still encourages its customers to do so.

I suspect another account has got crossed wires (as the message suggests). Delete. Ignore.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: SPAM / SCAM? Received just now. I dont pay B-pay and this isn't my account number

This looks like just an email that was sent to the wrong address. All the links are valid Optus links.

You should delete the link in the very last paragraph (i.e. in the word "here" as it contains a reference to a yahoo email address which is either yours or Margaret's.

Also delete the customer reference numbers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Appreciate where you are coming from, @FriedRice however I had to hide account sensitive information from your post as we are not sure if it is a spam or an email in error. Please don`t paste account sensitive information on this public forum moving forward. If you have an account with Optus and have received this email then please notify this to our billing team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on → 133937 - Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm Sat: 9am - 5pm AEST. 

If you don`t have an account with us then just delete the email. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors