Searching...

SOS system migration required Urgently

Goodthanks

Hi, I’m a long time Optus customer with multiple service on one account. After visiting a Melbourne Optus store every day for the last few weeks for an Apple Watch to add to my account, I finally had secured one in store only to be told they could not as my accounts on the old SOS system and will take up to one month to migrate to the new system!!!!

How on earth is this a loyal customers problem?? Can’t believe that your backoffice system has stop the purchase. Is there anything I can do to escalate this process?

Re: SOS system migration required Urgently

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

Optus is currently migrating all customers across to a new billing system. I'd suspect you'll just have to wait until its available.

As an aside Optus don't offer eSim capability for business customers. It's been a big annoyance for many posters and I presume Optus themselves. If you're after this functionality then its not available for many.

Peter Gillespie

Paddylee

@petergdownload Optus do support Apple Watch eSim on some business plans (not all) - Even the signup for a business service with an iPhone now offers to bundle and number share the apple watch.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

petergdownload

Thanks @Paddylee, I must have missed the introduction. Presumably related to the billing migration but regardlessgood to see optus upgrades finally bearing fruit at the custoemr end.

Peter Gillespie

Dan_C

@Goodthanks

We've been told that customers can add an Apple watch mid-contract, but yes it's only available for customers that've been migrated to our new system.

I'd need to confirm if there are rules surrounding this. 

If your service still exists on our legacy systems, it's not possible. There's simply no way to amend a contract without terminating it completely and starting from scratch.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Goodthanks

Whilst I understand I need my account migrated to your new system...why can’t this happen immediately? And when it does happen, how will I know?

Dan_C

Let me dig around for some information.

We may be able to find a work around.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Goodthanks

Any luck with a resolution?

Aman_B

Hi @ Goodthanks - Sorry for the delay in getting this sorted. The only way to get this done is by transferring over your number to our new system. Currently the numbers are being transferred over in batches. So sorry but we are unable to manually request your number to be transferred over.  I'll check this with Dan again and request him to let you know. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
11 Kudos
8 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos
3 Kudos