cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor prettyFace
New Contributor

Rev Up DATA expiry

I usually buy $40 per month for phone credit.

As that credit was 1 week from expiary I get an "offer" that stated, "ONE DAY ONLY - 5GB FOR $10! Purchase a $10 RevUp Data recharge before 11:50pm 13/07/17 and receive 5GB Data (1GB = 4GB Bonus) for use in AU within 30 days. Purchase now in the My Optus app http//:www.optus.com.au/app-link/addons-by-cc or online at optus.com.au/recharge. Go to optus.com.au/offer5 for info. Unsub: optus.com.au/unsub."

I accept the offer think I get to send SMS etc. up until 1 month from the date I accepted the offer.

I get a few SMS saying "Your recharge will expire on 20/07/17. Recharge with the My OPtus app. Download the app at optus.com.au/pp-app1"

NOW, I can't send SMS as it says my data expired. I thought I had 5GB to use for 30 days. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Rev Up DATA expiry

SMS (and calls) are not data related and the bonus offer was only for data.

I can see how you made the mistake though. 

Nothing for it but to recharge you calls as normal (if you can / want to)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @prettyFace, as @petergdownload has advised; the offer relates specifically to data. If you haven't topped up your My Credit since it's expiry, you'll still need to do this. We'd be happy to check out whether the data has infact been applied. Are you able to send us a PM with your account info? We need your full name, DOB and mobile number. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Dan_C and yet the word crimina1 is deemed inapproriate for this forum?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Maybe he didn't spot it.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Definitely overlooked that one, we've modified his username to make it a little more Yes Crowd friendly @prettyFace, @petergdownload

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors