Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Refund Online

Hi

I am wondering how do I process Refunds on My Account?

How long does it take and do they notify me?

Thanks 

Earl

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Refund Online

Hi @Earl, what sort of refund had you attempted to process? Was there a final invoice that was in credit? This sort of functionality isn't built into My Account. Feel free to PM us with your account details. Happy to help out. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Dan

Saw this on the website and just wondering how long it would take for them to process my refund cos ive made excess payment? Does this actually work?

Www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/request-a-refund-or-transfer-of-a-credit-balance?requestType=No...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Earl, generally speaking it's about 48 - 72 hours until it hits your account. You'd just have to get in touch with our Billing Team to sort it out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

This is standard Optus lies....

I closed my account and requested a refund about 5 weeks ago and still nothing.

They will just try and keep your money and not refund you, typical of their business practices.

They'll just keep telling you it's on the way and hope you give up chasing them and keep the money.

I'm about to make an Ombudsman complaint against Optus to get my refund back. Just be prepared that the only way to get a resolution from Optus is to make Ombudsman complaint.