cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re-occuring monthly bills received after contract was cancelled

Hi There Optus

I am getting really frustrated as I cancelled my contract in July 2018 after my 24 month contract period was up, however I still continue to get monthly bills and reminders and after contacting the Optus chat team several times to get it fixed, it is still happening 6 months down the line with no resolution. I have been told the bills have been waivered, I have been told the technical team is looking into this issue for me, but yet, nothing ever changes, I'm still being billed for a closed contract. 

This month I received another bill and a $15 admin fee was added to the statement, goodness knows why as this contract was cancelled months ago. It would be great if someone at Optus can take the initiative to help me get this resolved once and for all.  I have all the transcripts saved in my email from previous communications, where I was assured everytime it had been sorted. It is NOT sorted and I don't have hours to waste to keep contacting the chat team to re-explain myself and wait for ages while they review my history chats. 

Is there anyone at Optus that can resolve this once and for all? I see alot of people complain about this same issue in the Yes Crowd blogs. Why can't this be fixed properly? Not happy with Optus! 😞

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Re-occuring monthly bills received after contract was cancelled

That does sound like a really poor situation to be in. Especially when you consider not addressing the issue can lead to balloning fees, credit defaults and debt collectors etc. Really not good enough for optus not to have sorted this well before now.

The mods here are better than the standard customer service people at some of this behind the scenes stuff where something is going wrong. I'll flag one and hopefully they can find out why your name is stuck in the system @Dan_C

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you Peter

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Send your details through @Hausa44

Full name, DOB and account number. I'll go in and take a look.

PM DAN.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors