cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Quizikoo Scam

Hi Guys, I too have become a victim of the quizikoo Scam, I was using facebook and clicked on a story and then I recieved text messages stating that I had subscribed to thier monthly package and which is $14 for 30 days, I was not made aware of any subscription and there was nothing told me in that messages for stopping that service,  the company from which i got message is quizikoo.au and the number is 19789999, I have reported the facebook ads and blocked them. Please help

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Quizikoo Scam

At this stage it's likely not a problem. SMS STOP to the number. Optus is meant to be now refusing to bill these third party scammers. So while they can SMS you they can't actually bill you. 

However there's some doubt over whether Optus are actually blocking the scammers despite announcements. You will need to wait for you next bill to see if the charge appears. If it does Optus should remove it on request. 

Also get Optus to confirm your premium SMS limit is set to $0. You can set it yourself in MYACCOUNT.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Quizikoo Scam

Hey @Magic_Mike shoot me a PM with your full name, DOB, and account/service number and we'll sort this out. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors