Searching...

Re: Quizikoo Scam

Chris12345

Hi Optus,

I also have been duped by this thrirdpatry click bait scam quizikoo.

I have disabled thirdpatry content through the myoptus app follwing this mistake.

I would like to dispute the $14.95 charge please.

Highlighted

Shauna

Hey @Chris12345 - You've done the right thing by blocking third party content. We can help with the rest! 

Can you please send us a private message confirming your account number, full name and DOB?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Lmz

I've also received a text message from this site - it appears that i may also be charged for unauthorised charges of $14.90. I've replied STOP to the text. I cannot find anywhere on optus how to block 3rd party billing.

Tano

Hey @Lmz, this page here details how to manage your spend limit. If you're having trouble, feel free to send through a private message with the full name, phone number and DOB attached to the account and I'll help out.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Mattyyboii

Ive got this problem to, any chance i can get a little help please? 

Dan_C

Sure thing @Mattyyboii

Can you drop us a private message? I'll need your full name, DOB and mobile number. We'll go in and set your Premium SMS spend limit to $0.00 and raise a dispute with the 3rd party content provider.

It's also worth mentioning that we've made some changes to the premium content offering. You can check out more info here

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

LYR

I've received my recent bill and it seems like we have fallen prey to this scam too. From our bill, we were charged for this premium service on the 13th August. We have a personal and also a business Optus mobile phone number. Because this charge was on the Optus Business mobile number I called the Optus business line and on 1300 133 334 and was told that they cannot refute and refund this charge. I told them that on Yes Crowd, customers were being refunded. Again I was told that these were not Optus related charges and I cannot be refunded. I was told that I have to lodge this complaint myself.

The customer service rep had the nerve to tell me not to click on unknown links. No kidding. 

Why can't I get a refund and have to call up the 3rd party myself? 

Tris

I'm unsure why you'd be advised that @LYR, the process has changed, we can definitely help on our end though. Could you please send me a PM with your full name, number and DOB? Just so you know, we're no longer allowing these providers to bill you via your Optus service, so there won't be any further occurrences

domwild

One would have thought that you as a business customer should deserve better service from Optus. Optus is still supporting those scams unlike Telstra, which lost me $20.20, but after I chanted the magic three letters "TIO" or Telecom. Industry Ombudsman to their Manila HQ I immeditaely got my money back.Telstra has stopped supporting those scams, but it seems Optus is still at it.

Suggestion: If Optus does not immediately refund, contact the TIO online with your complaint, it will cost Optus $30 for a start plus your refund.

Dan_C

We've put a stop to customers ability to purchase non-authorised Premium SMS content via through their Optus service@Domwild, 

No more third party content. 

We’re also undertaking a comprehensive review of customers affected by this activity and will be providing refunds to those customers affected. 

Customers that want to raise a complaint regarding a premium SMS/direct carrier billing service, please use our online complaints form → https://offer.optus.com.au/for-you/support/complaints1.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
13 Kudos
7 Kudos
6 Kudos
6 Kudos
3 Kudos