Searching...
Accepted Solution

Quizikoo Scam

MattBrttll

It seems I've also fallen prey to the somewhat rampant scam of Quizikoo and it's external Facebook links.

Same story as most that I've seen on this forum: clicked a Facebook link, was sent to an external site, was dishonestly mislead through the site, and finally recieved several SMS pertaining that I had subscribed with a once off payment of $14.90 to Quizikoo that grants me access to quizzes for 30 days.

Sure enough, I checked my balance (pre-paid plan and the Optus app makes it very easy to keep track) and have most definitely been billed for this amount.

I have since blocked authority for third party billing through the app but was wondering if there was a way to dispute this billing as there was no explicit confirmation given to authorise it?

Thanks.

Re: Quizikoo Scam

Shauna

Hey @MattBrttll - Great to hear you've since blocked this Smiley Happy

We can look into having these charges disputed and refunded. Can you please PM me with your mobile number, full name and DOB? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

MattBrttll

PM'd you my details.

Thank you Shauna.

Shauna

Thanks Matthew Smiley Happy

I've just requested a refund for the charge. You should be contacted within 2 business days by the content provider. 

If you don't hear anything, let us know!

Also, apologies for my delayed reply. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

MattBrttll

Thank you again Shauna and no drama at all with the response time. Hopefully I can get this resolved.

Thanks again 😊

Solution

Shauna

Should be all good from here! Smiley Happy Enjoy the rest of the week! 

Highlighted

Jorgie09

The same happened to me last night, or should I say I got a SMS at 3am this morning telling me I've subscribed.  I certainly didn't subscribe to anything at 3am Smiley Happy

First to the original poster - How do you block Authority for third party billing?

Secondly, can Optus prevent this from being charged?

Thank you

Tano

Hey @Jorgie09, you can set your content spend limit to $0 (or thereabouts) to block/restrict third-party charges (this also includes Google Play and App Store Direct Carrier Billing). This can be done within the My Optus App/My Account. We can also do it directly on our end, and also raise a dispute to have any charges refund.

Send through a private message with the following information and I'll take a look for you:

Full name:

Phone/account number:

DOB:

Are you the account holder: Y/N

Babita

Hi, I also received msgs from quizikoo and have been debited with 14.90$. I didn't even subscribed to their service. Please refund back my amount too.

Dan_C

Heya @Babita, I'm happy to lend a hand with this one.

When you get the chance, can you send us a private message

I'll need your full name, DOB and mobile number.

We've recently made some changes to the premium content SMS offering. If you're interested, check out our blog → Third Party Content Closure.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
16 Kudos
4 Kudos
4 Kudos
4 Kudos
3 Kudos