Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor carterd236
New Contributor

Query on bill for new service

Hello,

I'm just querying my bill for my new service which was only activated on 29th May and is supposed to be $100 a month. My bill is from 12/5/19 to 11/6/19 as I have an existing service, my bill is an extra $145.16.

Can somebody help please. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Query on bill for new service

Without seeing exactly what is printed on the bill, it’s hard to say.

i would chat or call to billing and get them to have a look.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
New Contributor

Thanks, I have had nothing but issues ever since I signed up for this new service. It is very frustrating!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

If you aren’t willing to share what you are seeing then it’s diffkcult to say. 

Things that lften generste larger bills:

- plan changes

- insurance 

- late payment fee

- add on services 

- premium sms 

- linked services

- excluded calls 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi

Have a read through this link. May help explain your bill:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Pro-rata-and-Month-in-advance-charges-explained-Optus-billing/...

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Optus sometimes charge first and last month in the first bill. Also any discounts for the plan can sometimes take till the second bill to be applied properly. As mentioned only Optus direct (LiveChat?) can discus billing issues.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor

It's all good thank you, I read my bill at the end and it is explained that I have been charged for that date plus another month 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors