cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Please help me unsubscribe from this scam!

Hi,

I've also been hit by this scam and I'm somehow subscribed to some premium games? I've been billed $6.82 from clicking a link on a website. 

Could someone please unsubscribe me from this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Vincent17, we're here to help!

Please PM me with your mobile number, full name and DOB 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

If u talk to the mod/rep in private message, let us know here how that went.

I hope you have better luck than others have with this issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

From the "Whirlpool" forum with 52 pages or probably 1,000 complaints about single-click subscriptions to "Premium Services". Makes for interesting reading:

I was scammed out of 40 bucks and all I got was mealy mouthed answers from Optus so I filed a complaint with TIO online and got a full credit on my account within two weeks. If Optus won't refund the money just file a claim. Here is the direct link:- https://www.tioonline.com.au/consumers/new/

Fled to Optus after losing $20.20 via Telstra to a German scammer with name ORDANNDU GmbH. Forget filling in long on-line scam reports to ACCC, ACORN, ACMA, Scamwatch, Scamnet, etc. as all you get back in return is an automated reply. All they do is keeping scam statistics and no one will investigate and definitely not an overseas scammer. The TIO will get the money back like in my case.

Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hey @MKP_02 you will need you to jump onto live chat →  http://yesopt.us/chat2us and request to set your Premium SMS spend control limit to $0.00. This will prevent any third party content provider from charging your Optus account. The consultant can also raise a dispute with the provider on your behalf. They'll be in contact within 2-3 business days to arrange a refund. 

Thanks

M

Have you seen something helpful? Don't forget to give it a kudos. Asked a question and got an answer? Make sure you mark it as an accepted solution!
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

I've got the exact same issue, please could someone help me with this too?

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Pixie888

You'll need to do what was suggested by @MouniraH above:

http://yesopt.us/chat2us 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

One-click subscription to "Premium Services" via spam SMS messages are prohibited under the telco industry recommendations:

1. Ring the telco and ask for the money to be refunded. Ignore suggestion to get money back from scammer, that never works.
  2. If unsuccessful during the call, mention a complaint to TIO (Ombudsman).
  3. Check telco invoice(s). If still unsuccessful, place on-line complaint to TIO, that helps to get the lost money back. Record reference number. Use it later to escalate complaint.

Forget contacting ACCC, ACMA, ACORN, Scamwatch, Scamnet, etc. as all they do is keeping scam statistics, they will not investigate and all they send you is an automated response. The TIO will get your money back.

Regards

Top Contributors