cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor meh
New Contributor

Overcharged on bill

Hello,

I have a billing issue / complaint in regards to being overcharged for my Optus "My MBB Plus 25GB - $50/month (month to month)" mobile broadband plan.

To elaborate. On march the 27th, given my plan was about to run out of GB quota, I decided to cancel this plan, and commence a new plan.

I did this in store, where I discussed what I wanted to do with a team member. I noted that my plan was about to run out of quota, but it did not reset until the 31st, so what I wanted to do was cancel the old plan and commence a new plan in order to effectively move the reset date forward to that day (the 27th). I also asked if this would incur any additional fees or charges.

The team member double checked with a manager and said what I wanted to do was fine, and that no additional fees or charges would be incurred. Just $50 for my old plan (which I had already paid) and $50 for my new plan.

So I went ahead and commenced the new plan and canceled the old plan.

Fast forward to today and I noticed I have been invoiced for $56.44 as opposed to $50.00.

I contacted Optus via live chat and asked if they could tell me why I had been invoiced an additional amount. I was told that when I commenced the new plan, instead of the reset date being the day I commenced the plan (the 27th), the reset date was carried over from the old plan (the 31st), and as such I had been charged 2 separate amounts - $6.44 for the 4 days from the 27th to the 31st of March, and $50 for the month of April.

My issue / complaint here is that this is not what I asked for, or what I was told I would receive.

I was quite specific in wanting to move the reset date forward, and that I did not want to incur any additional fees or charges.

I would have had no problem with being my request was not possible prior to agreeing to the new plan, but this did not happen.

As such I would like my bill adjusted back to the original $50.

I realise my current reset date is the 31st of April, potentially allowing me to use the service for longer than I have paid for, and I have no problem with this being brought forward to the 27th of April if required.

If you could address this issue as soon as possible it would be greatly appreciated.

It's worth noting I am posting this here as the live chat consultant I spoke to did not have the authority to fix this issue, and your email form (https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/enquiries) is currently broken.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Re: Overcharged on bill

Hey meh - very sorry for the late reply to your post. If you'd like to have a look at the account, please send me a private message with your full name, DOB and your account number in question. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor meh
New Contributor

Message sent.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Just picked it up Smiley Happy 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor meh
New Contributor

This has now been sorted out.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Woo! Glad to hear that Smiley Happy 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor cbs63
New Contributor

Not Happy!

I will be leaving optus!

5 mobile phones

internet / home phone/ tv internet sent to me with out request now billing me, switch to NBN cost up no change in provided service.

I am being billed for a upgrade for STB V3 box after I was sent the other version for free and they want me to pay for the new version.  I never connected the free first version. So I am leaving  optus as no customer support been on phone for 2 hrs now.

Very poor customer

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Brock_E
RetiredModerator

Thanks for reaching out, @cbs63. I'm terribly sorry to hear the above. Have you been able to speak with our Billing team about this since posting? If not, you can reach them via Live Chat here, where they can offer you assistance in real time. Alternatively, feel free to send through your full name, DOB and phone number via PM so that we can investigate further.   

0 Kudos
Top Contributors