Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Overcharged by $260

Azhar7772

Optus charged me $200 as start up fee on my nbn even though I have in writing from them that I won't be charged anything. To top this off they have charged me $60 twice for the nbn bill for the same month.  I mean really. You think u can just take an extra $260 from me and I won't notice ?

Solution

Re: Overcharged by $260

petergdownload

I'd suspect quite a lot of Optus billing was based on accidental fees and charges not being noticed by the customer. Or even if they did notice not being worth the hassle of getting it corrected. The Premium SMS scam (now defunct) was a clear example of that.

But in your case I'd suspect its more just a mix up than anything else. Many fees and credits get added automatically later or manually in some cases and while your discussions might have said its not going to be charged the system didn't get the message. You should be able to correct it easily enough by contacting LiveChat and asking for billing (note I think they only do business hours) 

The $60 is probably legit though. Optus generally charge first and last months "rent" on the first bill. You won't pay any extra over the term of your contract.

Peter Gillespie

Azhar7772

Thanks Peter. This actually got resolved via Facebook messenger. Nbn rejected my original connection order and Optus raised another order with nbn. Hence the incorrect $200 set up fees was charged. Also the additional $60 was for old Optus Cable internet. The incorrect order raised didn't have it as migration instead another connection in addition to my Optus cable. Optus realised this and is in the process of refunding the full amount. Optus really needs to work on their systems and processes to avoid this. All good for now. Still a happy customer. No hard feelings.

petergdownload

That's good to hear. Facebook seems to be the goto place at the moment for speedy Optus resolutions. As you were an ongoing customer (from cable) then the first and last month would have already been paid. 

I agree Optus need to do better in this area (and no doubt they would as well). Even though it shouln't happen in the first place its good to see mistakes being quickly acknowledged and resolved.

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
11 Kudos
8 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos
3 Kudos