cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor NateDogg
New Contributor

Overcharged account - double, common problem and how to fix?

I just took a look at nearly 2 years of charges and have been overcharged in excess of $500 ($512.88 to be exact).  Two major charges say it was due to not paying the previous month's statement, however according to bank records, each month was paid in full.  Payments should be $154.98 per month for 2 x mobile plans, home phone and home internet.  We never went over our usage allowance.  Charge breakdown is:

16/05/2017

$398.54

18/04/2017

$359.96

20/03/2017

$169.99

15/02/2017

$154.98

18/01/2017

$169.99

16/12/2016

$175.94

15/11/2016

$154.98

17/10/2016

$154.98

15/09/2016

$154.98

15/08/2016

$154.98

18/07/2016

$170.48

16/06/2016

$220.80

16/05/2016

$86.75

18/04/2016

$120.48

22/03/2016

$158.61

15/02/2016

$164.75

18/01/2016

$179.44

I then cancelled auto-payment via my credit card to keep from being overcharged, now I'm getting late payment fees.

Has this happened to anyone else?  How did you correct the issue?  Talking to customer service over the phone has gotten me no where.

Cheers

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Overcharged account - double, common problem and how to fix?

Hi @NateDogg, thanks for reaching out.

I imagine that it'd be disheartening to discover that you've been overpaying your Optus account without having been given an explanation as to what the charges consist of. Had we been unable to give you any indication as to where the extra charges came from? You've mentioned that you've been receiving late payment fees. How do you receive your invoices from us?

Are they posted or email out to you? As long as you make a payment before the due date then we really shouldn't be penalising you in anyway. Have you tried our live chat team www.optus.com.au/livechat/pbb? They should be able to scroll through your last invoices and confirm the details of the additional charges.  You can always send us a PM with your account details. We need your full name, DOB and account number.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor NateDogg
New Contributor

Hi @Dan_C, thanks for replying.

I've tried correcting this for quite some time over the phone then live chat, nothing has been resolved to date unfortunately so this was a last resort with the next step to cancel service if it isn't corrected.  

Invoices were originally emailed, now I don't know how they are coming to me (should be mail as I'm charged $2.20/month for a paper bill and $0.20 for payment processing).  I would be happy to be on auto-pay however with fluctuating charges without me going over my usage allowance, I was forced to turn auto-pay off.  I've been a long term customer so these charges have accumulated over time.  Will PM you as I have been unable to find an email address to send pdf or screen shots as proof of the charges and live chat and telephone customer service has never offered me an email.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Okay, we'll take a look at this one for you @NateDogg. We'll scroll through your invoices and work out where exactly you've been overcharged. We'll also confirm your billing delivery method as it definitely sounds like there's some confusion there. Let us know once you've shot that through and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor NateDogg
New Contributor

Thanks @Dan_C, PM'd you.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors