Searching...
Accepted Solution

Overcharge issue and no response to compliants

dfoster

Optus have been and continue to wrongfully charge for a service, Yes TV Connect STB, not associated with my mobile phone account.  The timeline of events is below.

Jan 2014:              Mobile SIM only account commenced 

June 2017:           Separate Optus cable broadband service commenced, Fetch TV is included in broadband account monthly charge.

June 2017:           Mobile SIM only account started being charged $15/mth for Yes TV Connect STB, 28 Jun 2017.  This additional service was not requested or ordered.

Nov 2017:            Visit to Queen St mall store, Optus representative credited wrongful charges on mobile account and promised to stop charging for Yes TV Connect STB.  

Dec 2017:             Optus continued to charge for Yes TV Connect STB.

Jan 2018:              Visit to Queen St store, Optus stated the issue was with the Fetch TV unit.  Optus organised new Fetch TV unit for the cable broadband account and the old Fetch TV unit was returned to Optus.  Optus representative promised to credit the mobile account and stop charging for Yes TV Connect STB.

Feb 2018:             Optus continued to charge Yes TV Connect STB and did not credit mobile account.

Apr 2018:             Phone call to Optus in early April 2018 Optus representative promised to credit mobile account for Yes TV Connect STB charges and stop charging for Yes TV Connect STB

May 2018:           Optus continued to charge to for Yes TV Connect STB and did not credit mobile account.  

1 May 2018:       Letter sent to Customer relations Adelaide documenting issue and requesting response

18 May 2018      Optus email received from Katrina Ramilo Customer Relations Executive stating "I hear you would like to tell us about your Optus SMB Mobile service"  Please contact me if you have any issues.   Optus reference number COM 1476-3594167 and email address supplied.  No credit to account and charging continued.

26 May 2018      Email to Optus, Katrina Ramilo Customer Relations Executive outlining issue again

No response from Optus

9 June 2018        Email to OptusKatrina Ramilo Customer Relations Executive outlining issue and showing the overcharge is continuing

No response from Optus

30 June 2018     Email to Optus, Katrina Ramilo Customer Relations Executive outlining issue and showing the overcharge is continuing

No response from Optus

Sep 2018            Overcharging continues to occur.

13 Sept 2018      This post.  Does anyone know how to get Optus to respond???  Advice from solicitor was to take Optus to the Qld Civil Administrative Tribunal for breaching their contract, but that takes time and money I don't have.

If anyone has suggestions I'd love to hear.  I'm considering addressing the next letter to their Legal Counsel.

Highlighted

Re: Overcharge issue and no response to compliants

petergdownload

1) Write a letter to the Optus Complaints department. Just detail what you need rectified and why in the simplest manner.

2) If Optus haven't resolved your issue in 14 days contact the Telco Ombudsman - TIO (free, painless and they are empowered  to order rectification)

Peter Gillespie

Solution

Tano

Hey @dfoster, quite the runaround there, admittedly very strange that it would be this difficult to get this sorted. Apologies you've had to go through so many channels over so long, and that it's still ongoing for you.

Can you send through a private message confirming the following information so we can take a look?

- Full name on account

- Phone/account number

- DOB

- Are you the account holder: Y/N?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

dfoster

Hi Petergdownload

Thanks for suggestions and quick response.

The May 2018 letter to Optus prompted a vague email response giving me an email address to correspond with.  Subsequent emails have been ignored.

Tano (moderator) has offered to investigate so will let them help before approaching TIO.  

David

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
16 Kudos
7 Kudos
6 Kudos
6 Kudos
4 Kudos