Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus over-charging me

So heres the thing. I signed up for a 24-month contract for a  SIM Only Optus Offer back in Sept last year which clearly stated the inclusion of Optus Sports free of charge for first 12-months. Since then I have been billed EVERY month for Optus Sports package, and every month I have had to contact Optus Support to rectify it, and each time have been promised that my account and billing will be fixed next month and 'sorry for the inconvenience'. Frankly I am sick of being charged for a service that was advertised as 'included' and was the sole reason I signed up to the deal. I am also sick of contacting Optus each month (my time is valuable to me) only to be given false promises of rectification. What are my options here? Am I within my rights to cancel the service early as Optus has effectively broken its contract with me on 6 occasions so far?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Optus over-charging me

The charge will appear on your bill each month. Optus then usually apply a credit against the charge further down. I take it this credit is not appearing?

Its a bit grey on cancelling your service but I say an incorrect bill each month doesn't amount to enough to cancel the contract outright. That said, you can request Optus do so and they may say ok.

It occurs to me that for some reason your package may not include sports free? This would explain why the credit can be manually applied but then the auto systems can't be disabled for future bills?

Do you want the sports package? You could just disable it all together?

You could also take a chance and just pay the bill for the next six months and then arrange a full refund at that stage? Perghaps get the next person you contact to put a not in your file (and send you an email) to that effect? 

You could also WRITE an official complaint which Optus will handle more seriously (you get a reply and complaint number etc.) and hopefully they will fix the issue properly.

But ultimately, these are all workarounds. I agree its just not good enough to have something a simple as a billing fix take so much time and effort on your part.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors