Searching...

Optus online payment charging me twice instead of my one authorisation

Lechy

Has anyone else experienced this? I always pay with my credit card online on the Optus website. I just had a call from Bankwest to say I had gone over the credit limit and questioning two transactions of $149 to Optus on the same day! I only made one transaction of $149. They charged me twice! When I clicked to chat to find out why this happened. The lady was extemely unhelpful and told me this was not Optus' problem.

Re: Optus online payment charging me twice instead of my one authorisation

Hannah-L

Hi @Lechy, this will sometimes happen if you refresh or attempt to submit the payment again while the first request is still processing, do you recall doing this?

Lechy

Hi   - no refresh or going back. I only had $150 in credit on my card. So I sat there intently and actually cheered when it went through. I then did a click to chat about 15 mins later to enquire about adding more data to my mobile account and the click to chat guy confirmed I'd paid the $149. He never mentioned a second payment had gone through (which I didn't even know about until BankWest called me). 

Highlighted

Aman_B

This isn't really what we like to hear & I'm sorry this is the case @Lechy. Are you able to PM me Click here your full name, Optus number & date of birth so we can take a look into this?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
16 Kudos
7 Kudos
6 Kudos
6 Kudos
4 Kudos