Searching...
Highlighted

Optus not allow me to get my number

Sayed12345

Ive paid $2800 from 15 November till 15 of March , and now I’ve outstanding balance of $575 and my service has been disconnected by Optus , well $2800 is a big amount, is there any option that I can sue Optus for approving that services to me without any credit check , I went to telstra and virgin both rejected me but Optus approved my application which I do appreciate but now I’m going through financial situation and don’t have my number and tried to sort something out with Optus but they were not willing to help me , I’m looking to take action against Optus for not allowing me to get my number back 

Sayed12345

Ive paid $2800 from 15 November till 15 of March , and now I’ve outstanding balance of $575 and my service has been disconnected by Optus , well $2800 is a big amount, is there any option that I can sue Optus for approving that services to me without any credit check , I went to telstra and virgin both rejected me but Optus approved my application which I do appreciate but now I’m going through financial situation and don’t have my number and tried to sort something out with Optus but they were not willing to help me , I’m looking to take action against Optus for not allowing me to get my number back 

Re: ?

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

Edit: Duplicate Post. Primary one here

Peter Gillespie

Re: Optus not allow me to get my number

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

You say Optus approved your application? That would suggest you had a credit check - it would be very unusual for Optus not to run such a check before providing financial services. The check is very limited (Just your licence number and they look at your national credit score). Its a bit weird you got accepted after 2 other knock backs (as refusual of credit is recorded on the score sheet)

Its true Credit Providers have to look to your ability to repay any loan but for the amounts involved its unlikely (IMO) the assement was unreasonable. Presumably you felt comfortable taking on the debt back then? FWIW taking legal action over these  amounts would almost certainly end up costing you way more time and money and you're probably better off concentrating on getting your situation properly sorted than relying on other people. 

I hope you are in touch with a financial counsellor (not the miriad of fake "Well save you" ones but the free government one

You should also examine your current National Credit Score (again use a free service and not the scammers)

Its strange you weren't given a better process to resolve the debt. You've obviously gone to great efforts to repay the amounts over the past while and Optus should have structured that payment. I'm wondering if you entered into a repayment agreement but stumbled? In which case most institutions will just cut all help and demand full payment then. Optus has a financial hardship department that should be involved. 

At this stage I would contact the TIO over the situation. They will look into the matter on your behalf and can order Optus to nulify the debt, provide more time to pay, return your phone number, etc. (Can, not necessarily will)

Good Luck

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
16 Kudos
7 Kudos
6 Kudos
6 Kudos
4 Kudos