Searching...
Accepted Solution

Optus keeps demanding payment months after I cancelled - this is now ridiculous

Cat_W

Hi, 

I signed up for Optus internet but they could not connect the service without sending out a technician. I cancelled the service before they did this (as it was within the cancellation window) and I was assured I would not need to pay anything. I keep getting the bills, though!

1) I have a screenshot of the LiveChat where they confirmed the cancellation and that I would not need to pay anything

2) I then kept getting the bills and had to go on LiveChat again. They said the cancellation had not been fully processed for some reason and said that they had processed it in full this time. I was again assured I would not need to pay anything. 

3) I kept getting bills (Mail and email). Repeat of step 2. 

4) I am still getting the bills! Now it says if I do not pay it will be referred to a debt collection agency. 

I am being driven insane by this. I need Optus to cancel this before it gets sent to a debt collection agency, since I am still not paying if they do that and I don't want to get harassed by that. Also, I sometimes do contract work where I am asked for backgroud checks etc. and having a debt collection agency harassing me will likely impact me being eligble to win the contract. 

Has anyone had anything similar happen and how can I make it stop? It is now ridiculous and my opinon of Optus has tanked. 

Cheers.

Solution

Re: Optus keeps demanding payment months after I cancelled - this is now ridiculous

JordanOptus

Hey Cat_W, feel free to shoot me a PM with the details on the bill and I'll check it out.

Re: Optus keeps demanding payment months after I cancelled - this is now ridiculous

GT33448

Exactly, this same thing is happening to me too I have been in contact with 4 Optus live chat personnel over the span of 2 months and all of them time and again promised that I don't have to worry about being billed again, but sure enough I get yet another bill. Now I don't know if I should continue asking them for help over live chat as it is evidently not helping at all despite all their promises and assurances. One thing I know for sure is I'm not going to use Optus again.

Toomey

Hey @GT33448, are you able to check the bill to see what's being charged? I can look into this for you if you send me a private message with your account number, full name and DOB.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Hausa44

Hi

The exact same thing has happened to me, except mine was a cancelled contract which had come to the end of it's 24 month period. I have contacted optus chat crowd about 5 times (with all the transcripts emailed to me), and they keep waivering the bills I am receiving, but then every month I get a new bill. This has been going on since July 2018, very frustrating. This month, they even had the cheek to add an extra $15 admin charge to my bill. 

I am so tired of having to explain the story every time I make contact and wait while they they review my history notes, can someone just get this issue fixed once and for all! Not happy with Optus :-(

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
13 Kudos
6 Kudos
6 Kudos
6 Kudos
4 Kudos