cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus did not waive my late payment fee

I am using Optus from last 2 years. As i am i student so was busy with my studies and that's why i wasn't able to pay my last two bills on time. Now when i called them to get the waiver of late payment surcharge, they totally refused. Even i promised that i would setup a direct debit but still they refused.
U guys need to be a bit flexible specially for students and your loyal customers. Now due to this attitude i am thinking of changing my network to telstra.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Billing

I don't agree with the penalty myself but that's the way The Bank Of Optus works. I understand there may be some satisfaction in telling Optus to stick it however Telstra unfortunately is just as bad if not worse.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Billing

If you pay late there is a late payment fee.

Optus will often waive the fee in the case of a once off, once in a blue moon. I sounds like they waived the fee for you in the past? Now you've missed your payments for not one but two months in a row.

Why would you expect Optus not to charge you? They may as well not have a late payment fee if all they do is give it back when you ask.

Hope the studies went well.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors