cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

moof
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus billing. Service address

Could someone please explain to us why it is not possible for Optus to print the service address on their phone bills?  I have asked for this several times and their response is that it can not be done!

I have Optus services at multiple presmises and I get multiple optus bills sent to the same PO Box.  I need to sort these accounts by service address and pay each account from different bank accounts, and I find it very time consuming and infuriating to have to track them by a 14 digit account number. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TheWonderRabbit
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Optus billing. Service address

Hi @moof,

My guesses, and they are purely guesses;

• The Optus billing system probably just doesn't support it
  • Having two addresses on one bill might be confusing when it comes to post the bill (not everyone gets bills online, and it's the same bill whether it's emailed or posted...)

There might be an option though. I believe Optus can add an 'address title' line to their bills (for when things like C/O are required), you may be able to speak to them about adding this but having some identifier that would help you work out which bill is which.

They probably wouldn't be able to put the address / street name in though, again due to possible confusion with the address.

0 Kudos
moof
New Contributor
New Contributor

Obviously the billing system does not support it. How about asking someone to work on it over lunch break and insert this field in the billing template? This has absolutely nothing to do with the postal address of the bill.

No one is asking them to put the service address in the postal field. That would be stupid.  They just need to add it under the account number or right next the the pay-by date or somewhere else that the postman won't notice it.

0 Kudos
TheWonderRabbit
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I think you under-estimate the complexity of such a billing system.

For large corporations offering multiple products and services, it can cost hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars, to make changes to a billing system.

I'm also pretty sure it's illegal to ask someone to work during their lunch break.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors