cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No tax invoice provided for prepaid

I recently recharged the data for a portable WiFi modem for the first time and was unable to obtain a tax invoice for the payment. I wrongly assumed that as I was logged into my account when I made the purchase that I would be able to visit my payment history and retrieve a tax invoice, which is pretty much how every other online subscription service I use works.

After consulting the online help, I was informed that tax invoices are not provided for prepaid accounts. So it now looks like I won't be able to be reimbursed by my work for this payment as I can't supply a valid tax invoice.

I did receive an invoice/receipt when I made the purchase, but I don't need just proof of payment - I need something that show the correct GST treatment. The "invoice" I received says the GST amount in my payment was $0. I'm pretty sure that isn't correct.

This link from the Australian Government clearly shows that Optus is obliged to provide a tax invoice if the purchase is taxable and/or the customer asks for one: https://www.business.gov.au/finance/payments-and-invoicing/invoicing-and-payments-explained

Has anyone had this same situation? Were you able to get is resolved?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: No tax invoice provided for prepaid

Hi @mjw79, thanks for getting in touch with us. Customers can view their recharge history (up to 90 days) by logging into My Account and clicking View Details and then Recharge History.

Can you please confirm that you've checked this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes, I can access Recharge History and can see a record of my payment, but it doesn't look like you can download a tax invoice from this page.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

In that case, We don’t issue a Tax Invoice for prepaid recharges, just receipts. 

However, I will pass on your feedback to the relevant teams so we can improve our customer service experience. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors