Searching...
Highlighted

No Email Notification of Bill

MikeHunt

It has been more than 6 months since I moved over from T thinking that I would have a better deal & experience. Well, it has been ok except for one issue. Despite my repeated requests and calls to Optus Live Chat & Call Centre every month for the past 6 months, nobody there seems to be able or want to resolve the issue. Although I have indicated my preference for billing notification to be via email, I have not received any such notification since the day I signed up. Each & every month when I call, Optus will check my email address & account preference, and send me a test email (which I receive), then they escalate it to the Tech Dept, then to the Billing Dept, but to no avail! Do I get an email billing notification? - NO!!!!!!!! I receive test emails & marketing emails from Optus, but no billing notification. Nobody in Optus seems to want to go beyond that to check why I am not receiving it, and I have to call up each month and go thru the same process every time! I have also checked my AV and it is not barring Optus! Absolutely ridiculous! I can also see from the Forum that I am not the only one to have this issue! What do we need to do to get Optus' attention in this matter? I cannot believe any responsible & competent Corporate entity would allow this matter to drag on for this long! Get your act together Optus and deal with this problem right now!

Re: No Email Notification of Bill

[ Edited ]
10000000000GB

Tell chat to create another My Account. (You could do this yourself, if you activate a $2 SIM.)

Then migrate your service over to it, and see if the new shell account makes any difference. MIght work. Probably won't.

If it works, you can change your email address back to the old one.

Is there anything dicky about your billing email address? Is it a standard optus/gmail or hotmail address?

MikeHunt

1x10Gb - Nothing wrong with my email address - Optus have sent test emails successfully many times, I get all of Optus' marketing emails, my Anti-Virus is not barring Optus or any of its emails. I just don't get their Bill notification emails.. and nobody at Optus can explain why. The Call Centre Staff just keep repeating the same old procedures everytime I call, then "escalate" the issue to another dept.. then another.. then they tell me all is fine and that I should be getting a bill next month.. but that hasn't happened so far! Another issue is that on the day the bill is issued, I cannot get to view it, because if I click on "View Bill", it logs me out, and I cannot log back into the Optus Account until I reboot the PC (to clear the cache, I think). I use Chrome and sometimes when this happens, the Call Centre staff tell me to use another browser! DoubleU Tee Eff!

10000000000GB

The bill mailing script may be different to the test emailers that they use for all your other emails. It may be a special script that borks when it sees your email address.

You can generally get into the accounts if you use a browser in in cognito mode. But I haven't seen my browser cokcing up the bill viewing.

MikeHunt

Yes, what you say might be true, but one would expect Optus to send a test mail using the same script as the one that does the billing. Or test out the billing script. Otherwise, there would be no point having a test script other than to aggravate the nerves of the customer! Smiley Sad

In respect to the View Bill facility, I've noticed that if my bill is due on the 16th, I cannot access it on that day nor a couple of days after, as I get logged out. However, give it a few days after that, then I usually am able to view & download it. So it could well be the script!

Cheers.

Toomey

Have you logged into My Account to check what it says your preferred delivery method is? We've got billing experts on hand so feel free to send me a private message with your account number, full name and DOB if you still need a hand with this.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

TinaK
Hi there - I have been having the exact same issue. I signed up for an internet service in July 2017 and have never once received a bill through My Account or via email. I've contacted Optus Live Chat and Call Centre on multiple occasions and each month I get the same response...."This has been resolved and you will receive your bill by email next month". They are more than happy to send me overdue notices though and charge me late payment fees and non-direct debit fees even though I'd previously requested (3 times!) for a direct debit to be set up. They finally managed to get the direct debit sorted out but still no bills meaning I have no prior notice of when money is to be taken from my account or how much.

MikeHunt

Hi Tina K,

My problem was fixed a few months ago, but it took them quite a while to do it. There was a technical issue which they wouldn't elaborate on, but it required them having to change my account number. Since then I've had no issues with the billing or receiving of email notifications of the invoices.

You have to be persistent. I suggest you cancel your direct debit instruction as it appears that no one is taking notice of your problem since your bill is being paid on time. Then at about the time your bill is due to be paid, call them up and ask for a copy of the bill and bring up the issue of non-receipt of bill emails. If they don't provide you with the bill, delay payment or don't pay (that may have other consequences). Put the ball in their court so that they get their act together. As a last resort, call the telecommunication ombudsman "TO" and lodge a complaint. If after 2 months you're still having the issue, I lodge a complaint with the TO anyway, and call Optus up to tell them that you're doing so.

fredwin67

Sorry but been in the same boat  , tried for a year to get  paperless ....finally they (on line) said it was all sorted , no email but

just a warning letter ! Come on Optus try harder 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
13 Kudos
6 Kudos
6 Kudos
6 Kudos
4 Kudos