Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.
It happened like this:
* I had just made an enquiry to my new reseller, asking if the bill would arrive electronically
* They confirmed that the first one would be paper, but that we were now setup to receive bills by email
* I recevied an email to my email address 5 days later, telling me "Hi! A change has been made to your profile." I had not even made a profile/Optus My Account to my knowledge at this point in time. I presumed that the reseller had made it for me, in account of my enquiry about the bill. It was annoying that the email addressed my by a first name other than my own. I again presumed my reseller had made a simple mistake, which I could correct after I logged in.
* Not knowing the password for the account, I reset it.
* Expecting a bill, I paid the bill.
UNFORTUNATELY, the third party (or my reseller? who can tell) had in fact used MY email address (I mean, I really suspect the reseller here, but they claim they don't know the 3rd party in question) to register THEIR Optus My Account. I am in full control of their Optus My Account.
I did not really realsise that I had paid someone else's account until I got a reminder notice that my OWN account was overdue!
I have since paid my own account, but:
* I would like my money back for the mis-payment
* I would like to restore the unknown 3rd party's Optus My Account TO THEM
* I would like to get an Optus My Account of my own, linked to my own account, so that I can setup direct debit.
Can someone from Optus please contact me to make it so? Thanks, David.
PS. Very lame to direct business customers to a crowd-sourced support. Not at all impressed.
Solved! Solved: Go to Solution.
Hey @dtbullock_cw, thanks for taking the time to write to us. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had here. I can certainly appreciate your concerns with this and I do apologise for any inconvenience or frustration caused.
So that we are able to take a closer look into this from our end for you, could you please confirm with us the following details:
Account or service number:
Your position in the company:
My Account email login:
Additionally, if you could send through any payment details such as bank statement screenshots of the mis-payment, we'll be able to further investigate.
In the mean time, I'll certainly go ahead and pass along your post as feedback to the relevant teams for review. We do take our customer feedback very seriously and we are always looking for ways to improve our services.