cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Andrew90
New Contributor

Moved house/cancelled more than a year ago - now DEBT COLLECTORS

I moved houses more than a year ago. At the time I had a no-fee cancellation as the building I was moving into was wired in such a way that all tenants had to use Telstra.

A few months after that I received a false bill. I called Optus and was advised that yes, this was a mistake, and that they had rectified the error.

Now i've received an out of the blue letter from Optus advising that a bill is unpaid and is going to be sent to debt collectors. This is insane, that my credit score may become affected for a false payment to a service that was cancelled twice, a year ago.

Currently been on hold for 50 minutes.

Any help here?

Andrew

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Moved house/cancelled more than a year ago - now DEBT COLLECTORS

Nope. You'll need to get Optus billing to sort it. 

Good Luck

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Re: Moved house/cancelled more than a year ago - now DEBT COLLECTORS

Hey Andrew, the debt can be withdrawn following a billing error. I'm sorry to hear this has been going on for so long. Please feel free to send me a private message with your account number, full name and DOB so I can double check this for you

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors