Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Becatar79
New Contributor

Mia

I have just noticed I have been charged 3 times for this unauthorised MIA when looking back at my text I have said STOP to these message. I have never subscribed nor given my credit card details to anyone.

how do I stop this happening again and get my money back. 

I don’t understand how Optus has allowed these charges. 

Thanks 

2 Replies
Occasional Contributor firmbee
Occasional Contributor

Re: Mia

There is a whole blog on this site titled "MIA Sphere Live/Optus".  I had same happen to me.  Optus did fix it up so contact them via phone or they will let you know how via this blog and you will be refunded the money.  I paid all of my bill last month with the charges and have been credited this month.  Good luck but I dont think you will have a problem.  I hope it is something Optus fixes up with this mob.  It just does not seem very good business to deal with scammers and collect on their behalf. cheers 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Mia

Hi @Becatar79,

You've got a couple of options however I'd suggest live chat as your first point of call www.optus.com.au/livechat/pmobi. Simply initiate a conversation and ask the consultant to set your premium spend control limit to $0.00. This will prevent any third party content provider from making charges against your Optus account. You can also ask the consultant to raise a dispute with the provider. The expected resolution time is 2-3 business days.

A refund will be deposited back into your Optus account as a credit. You can also set your Premium SMS spend control limit to $0.00 via your Optus.com.au/myaccount.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos