cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Matt_C
New Contributor

Re: Mia sphere live

Optus, I have also been scammed. Less than 1 hour ago I received a text stating that "Your subscription to Viobuzzy costs $9.99/wk charged to your mobile account." I have never subscribed to such a service. I have now just checked the transaction listing on my account online. There are two transactions for $9.95 from MIA Sphere Live (aka Viobuzzy 2). One is dated 16/06/17 and the other dated 23/06/17. Please remove these transactions from my account immediately as I will not be paying for something I did not consent to. For the record, after reading the many other examples of this scam in this forum, I have followed the instructions to set my premium SMS spend limit to zero so this theft never occurs again. Please also take measures to ensure this company is barred from charging to your customers accounts without authorisation. I cannot understand why Optus continues to partner with such a disreputable company. It is certainly tarnishing your brand.
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Matt_C, thanks for reaching out and it;s good you've set the spend limit to zero. Did you Optus-out via the SMS instructions?

If you can Private Message me you mobile#, full name and DOB here → http://yesopt.us/pmscott  I'l be able to lodge a dispute with the third party provider for you also. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor sunny10199
New Contributor

Hi, 

I have the exact same problem. It was in this recent bill that I noticed that I was being charged weekly by Viobuzzy. I do not recall signing up for a subscription and these would have gone under the radar had I not checked the bill. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Steph_C
RetiredModerator

Have you replied 'STOP' to the SMS @sunny10199? You can also reduce your account spend down to $0 to avoid being charged any further. For more info on how to organise this in My Account see here.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor ColetteM
Occasional Contributor

This has happened to me as well tonight. 

I have definitely NOT clicked on a banner or an ad or anything of the like. Unless they have corrupted facebook? I clicked on a news article from the Washington Post and one from the NYT. 

im ringing optus tomorrow as change spend control function is not working and optuszoo will only
let you log in if post paid. It's so frustrating 

Ive been at this for over an hour. 

Whats real curious is when when I tried to find out how the got my number... viobuzzy are a part of Mia sphere. And optus is giving them our numbers.

News Reports online further confirm that is is actually Optus sharing our info on the down low. Apparently millions have been earned as a result. 

Im ringing ombudsman and want a FULL refund.
Read news reports below :

https://www.michaelwest.com.au/optus-and-telstras-billing-scams-hit-customers-in-droves/

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-26/optus-and-telstra-sharing-mobile-phone-numbers/6575424

Disgusting. 

New Contributor MissJodes
New Contributor

I also have the same thing!! I did see the txt and responded stop to it straight away but never used the service even. I think it came from a news link within Facebook! 

How can something like that just sign you up to a payable service without really knowing. 

Optus! Can you have a look into mine as wel and get a refund and block it from happening in future!! 

?.. 

thanks 

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @MissJodes, really sorry for the inconvenience caused. Are you able to PM me Here your full name, Optus number & date of birth so we can take a look into this?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor MissJodes
New Contributor

Thanks for the speedy response. 

I ended up getting onto Optus live chat yesterday and they seemed to have sorted it now I hope. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Mike-N
RetiredModerator

No worries at all MissJodes. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need help with anything else in the future 🙂

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Windheli
Occasional Contributor

Just got same scam. $45.40 each month for two months. How comes Optus let this scam happen to us?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors