Searching...
Highlighted

Mia sphere live

Bucko

I've been scammed by these guys and I can see that it's a pretty big scale going.
the difference in my situation is that I haven't realised and it's been coming out for months.
I've been overseas and started a new job etc. which is why it's taken so long to find it.
I contacted Optus when I found out and they gave me the contact no. For Mia sphere live so I rang and cancelled the service and they said that someone would be in contact to talk about a possible refund.

My question is, have people had luck with a refund. Also how can they (both Optus and miasphere) sign you up to something without any knowledge (I thought the texts were a normal scam where if you reply you are charged). I'm contacting the ombudsman tomorrow to take it further if I don't hear from either party.

Re: Mia sphere live

Xenomorph

Hi @Bucko!

There's a default Spending Limit for every service number so that everyone can join competitions or subscribe to premium contents. It's not actually Optus has signed you up but your number has been acidentally signed up. There are number of  reasons how you will be subscribe to those third party company.

Well, about the refund.. It's only the third party company who will be able to provide you a refund since they are the one who took the money.

You can actually read more details about premium sms/contents by clicking here

-------------------
My answers are just my opinions. It doesn't represent Optus or any of it's staffs.
Click Kudos if you find it helpful, and please mark it as an anwer if your problem has been resolved! Smiley Wink

-------------------
Click Kudos if you find it helpful, and please mark it as an anwer if your problem has been resolved! Smiley Wink

Bucko

I just find it odd that as this Mia sphere company is obviously a scam Optus has not anything to block them.

Also I would never have knowingly allowed any company to bill me through my Optus account and I have never clicked on the button described in the info pack.

Xenomorph

Well, every service number is eligible for premium contents / subscriptions.

They can block it but you need to have it requested. About the origination of the charges, you said you've spoken with the 3rd party company. Did they explain to you how you we're subscribed to their service?

-------------------
My answers are just my opinions. It doesn't represent Optus or any of it's staffs.

-------------------

Esther

Hi Bucko - apologies for the late reply we've been extremely busy! How did you go with speaking to Mia directly? We can follow up on your query if you can please send us a private message with your mobile number, full name and DOB for ID and we'll take a look. Thanks

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

AdzOscar

He's not the only one. I've also been billed by MIA Sphere Live and I don't even know why or who they are! A little help would be great and I'm not receiving any additional services but seem to be paying for them. 

Perhaps OPTUS should step in and do something as it seems there's a few cases of this all of a sudden. Sound fishy to me. 

I'll be investigating further. 

Esther

The subscriptions are providing a variety of content such as games, ringtones, wallpapers, competition or dating services - just to name a few. If you need a hand, opting yourself out of them and ensuring they are barred for the future, you're more than welcome to send us a private message with your mobile number, full name and DOB for ID. Thanks

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Bunnynana

This service should be barred UNTIL Optus customer agree to the service.

nylle

I agree.  The premium SMS function needs to be BARRED unless the customer agrees.  But I suppose, the extra $$$ earned from these premium services is still a good revenue stream for the telco.  The same with roaming... Other telcos have this service blocked first and then the customer calls or agrees to activate the roaming.  I cannot see why this is not being done considering there's a lot of complaints raised already.

Gen_R

Hey Bunnynana - I've replied to your other post. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
12 Kudos
7 Kudos
6 Kudos
6 Kudos
3 Kudos