cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

MIA Sphere Live scam

Just reviewing my bill for this month and I have two charges from "MIA Sphere Live" on my account. I did not authorise these transactions and don't even know what they are for. I haven't paid my bill yet. It's not yet due but soon. I have cancelled my direct debit so I can manually pay only what I owe not the extra.

who can help me to waive the content service fee? Also I want to set my premium SMS limit to $0.

I have been browsing other forums and this is obviously a scam so I don't know why you are still allowing this platform to bill through the Optus Billing service? 

Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: MIA Sphere Live scam

Its a 'legal' scam. I believe Optus are obligated to pass on such premium charges at face value. Optus can contest the charge for you (which is just ignored by the scammers so the fee is reversed before your next bill).

What Optus don't have to do is set everyone's premium limit to $200 by default. IMO this makes them complicit in this scam.

Contact Optus by LIVECHAT or PHONE to contest the charge and set your limit to $0

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: MIA Sphere Live scam

Hey @Simon23,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We can definitely raise a dispute with the Premium SMS provider and set your spend limit to $0 so you cannot subscribe to these services in the future.

For me to go ahead with this, could you please PM me here → Clicky and include your mobile number, full name and DOB? 

Cheers,