cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

MIA Sphere Live / Winneroos Scam

I checked my Optus bill today and found out an unauthorized subscription called "Winneroos" charge to my account. I have never subscribe such game and have no idea why my number was in the list.

I called the helpline 1300724406 that appear in my invoice and report the issue, I was instructed to send a complain email outlining the situation / request for a refund  to claims@1300support.com. Is there anything else the Optus team / Optus Support can do? I do not expect Optus as such a well-established telecommunication provider would allow such scam affecting their user. Apprently I am not the only OPtus user suffering from this scam.
21 Replies
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: MIA Sphere Live / Winneroos Scam

Hi

Enter MIA Sphere in search on this forum.  Will give you all the info you need and more

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

@Saintjohn - Thanks for getting in touch with us. I recommend checking out our website here for more information on these service charges here http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/content-faqs-spend-control?requestType=NormalRequest&id=.... If you weren't aware that you have been subscribed to them, what I can do is place a barring on it for you and raise a case so that they can get in contact in regards to those charges. Can I get you to send through your full name, DOB and number via this link here http://yesopt.us/pmvicky. Vicky

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I encountered the same issue with unauthorised content service Winneroo billed by optus. I did as you had been instructed and Braniq offerred a 50% refund of the charges as a gesture of goodwill. Just not acceptable !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

@Grassh0pper1 send me a private message with your phone number, full name and DOB. I'll see what we can do about this.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Just go the bill and hit by $72.68 of this scam- winneroo and gamesain 2. Very disappointing the Optus is letting these scammers use them and annoy its customers. Pls help me contest these charges and stop these scammers from accessing my number.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Really disappointing to hear this, Rajugvl. More than happy to check this out for you if you'd like to PM us here with your service number, full name and DOB!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have been charged $37 for some winneroos scam too it seems... How in the heck do I get out and a refund?? Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Sorry to hear this @AxelHorsch. If you follow Miles' advice, a moderator will get this organised for you.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I was charged just under $55 for winneroos on a previous bill. I rang the so called help desk to be told that if I wanted a full refund I would have to get in touch with winneroos as they are only a third party organisation. The said they would only be able to refund me $12 and that I would have to provide my bank account details. I refused to hand over my bank account details as I did not want more money coming out. They again said I would have to get in touch with winneroos I asked for winneroos contact details and they said they could not provide them. I rang Optus back and was told the full refund would be on my next bill. I have now received my next bill and it has not been refunded. What am I to do now do I now need to go to the telecommunications ombudsman as no one seems to want to do anything at Optus for something I never heard off or subscribed to

0 Kudos
Top Contributors