Searching...

LATE FEES, NO BILL NOTICE!

Valerie

Since mid-last year, Optus has failed to provide me with an invoice / bill notice for my phone bill – not via text, post, email, or call. This has resulted in many late fees and much frustration. I never receive a text notifying me of a new bill; instead, Optus seem to wait until after the due date to notify me of the bill, and by then, they’ve already added the late fee of $15.00.

I have raised this issue with Optus TWICE via the online chat service. During my last conversation with a Customer Service Representative, I was assured that I would receive a bill notice via text. I didn't.

I have been a loyal customer of Optus for years now, but sadly, I am now considering ending my relationship with Optus when my current plan expires – which isn’t far away! 19th April, 2018. It’s a shame, because over the years I have encouraged quite a few people to get on a plan with Optus, and I now regret doing this.

Can someone please explain to me why I did not receive a bill notice, even though your Customer Service Representative assured me that I would?

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Re: LATE FEES, NO BILL NOTICE!

petergdownload

You should recieve a copy of your bill a week or so before it is due. Usually and emailed pdf. You can also access your current bill via myaccount any time. The bill is always the same day each month so perhaps set a reminder on your phone.

Also recommended is setting up a direct debit to stop the issue.

But if you have reviewed no notice then you can request the $15 be recredited

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Valerie

Hi Peter,

It was not emailed, or posted, or text messaged.

Did you read my full post? I spoke with Optus about my concern TWICE and the most recent Customer Sercvice Officer assured me - in-writing - that I would receive a text. I didn't.

I appreciate your advice about the direct debit, the myaccount access, and the reminder in my phone. I am not comfortable with direct debits though because bills can vary - in the past, I've been charged an additioanl $50 because I apparently exceeded my data. So yeah, I won't be giving Optus permission to make deductions from my bank account. As for the myaccount access and the reminder in my phone - I will be doing that from now on, but Optus SHOULD issue me with my bills because that is what they agreed to do. My energy provider always issues me with my bills before they're due - not AFTER they're due. Why won't Optus?

I have been with Optus for years and this 'no bill notice' business only started last year. It makes me wonder if they're maybe doing it to make money from late fees. 

petergdownload

I read your post. I was only trying to assure you of what should be happening. I understand it is not happening. 

It pops up here as an issue every now and again. Usually a mod needs to take a better look as it's some glitch in setup that is beyond the standard vs ability to fix.

Hopefully that happens soon enough and you can get back to normal service

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted

Valerie

Thank you, Peter.

I appreciate your support Smiley Happy 

Thanks so much for reading and responding to my post.

Toomey

Sorry to hear of the issues. These are mostly caused when your My Account isn't provisioned correctly. When you log in, go to the Your Bills section of the Dashboard and click View Details. On the right hand side there is a section called How Do I Receive This Bill?. Make sure your delivery method is set to Online and the bills will get sent to your My Account email address.

Test this for the next month and let me know if the bill still doesn't come through.

Under the Profile tab at the top, you can modify your Billing Notification settings to get SMS or email reminders when a bill is issued also.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
11 Kudos
8 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos
3 Kudos