cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor moo5
Occasional Contributor

Keep getting the wrong charge :(

I'm on a mobile plan where I can make up to 150 International mins without addtional charges to specified countries.

When I first signed up for the plan, I was assured that 150 Min plan was activated, but it turned out it wasn't and I was charged Over $200 worth of international calls. Thankfully Optus support was able to credit the amount and he applied the "correct" 150Min plan package.

But the next month, I got charged again. And again I contacted Optus, after an hour they credit the amount and assured me it won't happen again.

Following month it happened yet again! And once again I wasted more than 1hr on Optus trying to resolve the issue. 

They keep promising its fixed, but last week I just got yet another bill with excess charges.. I can't even find the time to call them anymore.

This is really getting frustrating. I don't know why they can't fix this problem, I don't want to waste another hr contacting them. Is there any other way?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Re: Keep getting the wrong charge :(

Definitely something we'll need to take a look into @moo5, apologies for the runaround there 😕 Can you send through a private message with the following details so we can take a look?

Full name

Account/phone number

DOB

Are you the account holder: Y/N

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

PM sent. I hope you can help.

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I've replied back with a bit more info @moo5

We'll chat with you there. 

For anyone else that comes across this thread.International calling packs (included in your plan or applied as an add-on) can only be used to call selected countries.

Brazil, Brunei, Cambodia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Romania, Singapore, South Korea, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, USA, United Kingdom and Vietnam.

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

As it turns out, there is another package which cost $10 a month which includes 150mins International to Pakistan.

But when I placed the order it was for $5 at that time / as per agreement. So now the correct 150min package is applied at the correct rate as agreed when I signed up. 

Hopfully I shouldn't have any further problems!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors