cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Is this a Scam?

Keeping you updated most personal details with changes to our contract terms and conditions is important to us and that’s why we’re getting in touch today.

As you are a customer currently on a bundled plan that includes both home phone and broadband services, it is important for us to have your most up-to-date personal information, if you choose to cancel either one of these services with Optus, any other service in your bundle will automatically cancel too.

For example, this means, If your personal details is not updated within 72 hours any services provided by Optus such as your home phone service your fixed broadband service will also be cancelled.

In order for us to safeguard your account information and contract plan, it is vital we hold the most up to date details regarding our customers to avoid cancelling the other. If you have any question please get in touch <Scam link removed>

Please log in to your account to see the steps you will need to complete your information. We will review your Optus Account within 72 hours.

<Scam link removed>

Thanks, Your Optus Team

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Is this a Scam?

Yes.

No personal greeting (your name), requests for personal details, vague threat of disconnection, embed links (that don't start with optus.com.au

Just assume any and all SMS and emails requesting information are scams or worse.
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Peter, it looked different to ones we had received in the past.  Wish Optus had a quick check function for them all but appreciate your response.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

They're getting better and more polished every day. I've had a couple with damn near picture perfect presentation.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Yep scam, and the domain was created today

Don't think I've seen this variant before.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi and thanks Disey256,

so this is basically the same thing as mine, and you are saying that this was a scam, then my email must be the same by the looks of it.

Normally I just ignore them as i am getting lots of fake Optus emails most of the addressed as dear customer or friend and all that sort of stuff, but on this one it actually recommended Yes Crowd as a source of information that's what made it more genuine to me.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors