cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor LLF
New Contributor

Incompetency by Optus

So I've recently changed over to the NBN. It only took me about 20 hours on the ophone to get that sorted. It doesn't work nearly as well as the previous broadband did but thats not the current issue. I've come home from a weekend away to find that my internet has been cut off. I checked my emails on my phone which thank god is not with Optus and found an email saying I havent paid my bill. When I transferred to the NBN i was told that the direct debit would continue. Now I have work to do, no internet except my phone hotspot and OPtus chat is too busy. What an awful system. How can I get this sorted??????????

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Incompetency by Optus

Not checking your emails is the modern equivalent of never opening your snail mail. Something appears to have gone wrong, but some diligence could have avoided it.

In general a direct debit should remain in effect. You've authorised Optus to debit you and your NBN contract is with Optus. 

Restoring service should be fairly straight forward. Pay the bill. Use the Optus app (or online) to report it paid and they will usually reconnect you in 24 hours. Look into the direct debit issue once that's sorted.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Incompetency by Optus

Hi @LLF, it doesn't sound like the smoothest of transitions 😞

Have you only just made the switch (within the last week or so)? I can't imagine that one overdue invoice would result in your service being suspended by our financial services team. Had we generated more than two invoices for the new NBN service? In most cases a suspension is applied if we haven't received payment within 30 days of your first invoice being generated. You can also set up your direct debit online via your Optus.com.au/myaccount. We have a handy set up guide here. Our live chat team should be able to action the reactivation www.optus.com.au/livechat/pbb. The service is restored within fifteen minutes to four hours (max) after having made payment. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors