Searching...

IHeart data charge

eol2001

My data usage breakdown showed about 140MB was spent on iHeart radio in the last 7 days. I wonder how is this possible when I never used this service and do not have any app with this name installed on my phone?

Re: IHeart data charge

petergdownload

Do you use any music streaming?

What phone do you have? Perhaps check it's app summary and see what it says is using days this month.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

eol2001

Hi Peter, thank you for your response. I use iPhone SE and no music streaming. I listen to podcasts but only when on wifi. Optus usage report is the first time I’ve ever heard of iHeart radio. According to Optus, I’ve used the data for iHeart service on 5 occasions between Saturday 4Nov and Friday 10 Nov. Surely, I’d remember if I did!

Regards

Kartika

Hi @eol2001, iHeartRadio is available through Podcast as well. it could be possible that when you were listening to music which could have been part of iHeartRadio to podcast through Wi-Fi and your Wi-Fi signal is weak as such it automatically switched to Optus sim data connection. Check out this link for more info. Kartik

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

eol2001

Thank you Kartik. I suppose that may be the case, although still puzzles me why it would show up as iHeart when I do not use iHeart to access my podcasts.

cheers

Starseed

I have the same problem. Nothing to do with iheart radio I’ve never downloaded it. It’s clearly using my data to the point where I get charged ten dollars for every gig extra as it causes my data to finish allowance. Optus has been investigating and I’m aware more than one person is experiencing it. What id like to see is less treating grown adults like they are stupid and more on finding a solution because after years of loyalty to Optus I’m close to switching providers. 

Highlighted

JohnPierre

I am also having my account "ROBBED" of data according to the MY OPTUS  app by IHEARTRADIO

which I've never used to my knowledge unless a different app...perhaps the MYSTERIOUS UNIVERSE app?? is somehow attributing their podcasts to IHEARTRADIO?

Has Optus found the problem?

AlexRH

Hey @JohnPierre, I have heard of some Podcast/Content apps with usage showing up as iHeartRadio :/ 

That said, have you been in touch with our Customer Care team so we can take a look at what's going on? 

Alternatively, your phone handset may show individual app usage within it's data settings Smiley Happy 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

JohnPierre

Hi, 

No I haven't been in contact with the Customer Care Team but I would like to : could you give me their email or number please?

AlexRH

Our Customer Care team don't have an email address however, you can give us a call on 133 937 or get in touch via Live Chat here Smiley Happy

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
18 Kudos
7 Kudos
6 Kudos
6 Kudos
4 Kudos