Searching...

I did not want optus sport why was it added to my plan without my permission

glenre

I changed from prepaid to postpaid today.

I was VERY careful to make sure that I selected no other services I can only afford the $25 a month.

Optus sport was added without my permission to my plan. I will be unable to pay the extra $15 if you attempt to take it from my account this month.

I do not even watch sport. I am incredibly upset right now.

Re: I did not want optus sport why was it added to my plan without my permission

Paddylee

Every postpaid mobile plan gets Optus Sport included at no cost.

You will see a $14.95 charge then a $14.95 credit on your invoice.

To actually have it added to your service if you signed up online to port your phone number you have to physically click the "ADD" button to add Optus Sport.

If you signed up a different way then they should have asked you.

You can use optus webchat or call centre to turn off Optus Sport.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Highlighted

Re: I did not want optus sport why was it added to my plan without my permission

petergdownload

So, in short its free. 

Note to be very carefull on your data usage with only 3Gb. If you have an Android phone set local limits and warnings on your data in settings. There's no way to prevent Optus topping up your post paid plan automatically if you go over.

I'm a little surprised you switched to post paid. For example the current 365 day Optus prepaid plan gives you almost twice the data for around half the annual cost. You would have to come up with the $180 up front though.

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
19 Kudos
7 Kudos
6 Kudos
6 Kudos
4 Kudos