cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor richardkenyon
New Contributor

How do I stop Optus sending bills when my account was closed back in 30/10/2017.

How do I stop Optus sending more bills when my account was closed on 30/10/2017. I have copy of final bill by Optus, and paid it then. The Optus staff confirmed by email, that billing would STOP. I have email records to prove the issue. Got a another bill today! Not happy at all!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Re: How do I stop Optus sending bills when my account was closed back in 30/10/2017.

Hey richardkenyon, definitely sounds a bit odd 😕 Best to chat with our billing team as they'd be able to double check what's happened there and get it fixed up.

0 Kudos
New Contributor richardkenyon
New Contributor

Re: How do I stop Optus sending bills when my account was closed back in 30/10/2017.

Hello Jordan, thanks...but..all I get the round-about from Optus staff and eventually I hang up when the call is never answered! Tired of hearing the Optus music over, and over, and over again! Last resort will be Ombudsmans Office if my credit rating is affected by Optus, for POOR billing management! Thanks again.R.K.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@richardkenyon,

It really doesn't sound like we've been of much assistance there. Would you like us to take a look from our end? I'm more than happy to have a good look through the account and confirm whether or not we've overcharged you.

If you cancelled your service on the day of your billing cycle, you'd have still received a final account to confirm its closure. Accounts aren't settled on the day you decide to disconnect the service. Feel free to send us a PM with your details. I need your full name, DOB and former account number.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors