Searching...
Accepted Solution

How can a company as big as Optus be as incompetent as this.

whoisthis

Let me preface this. The incompentency Optus has shown over these 3 months is unbelievable. All the promises the employees have made, 0 have been fulfilled. 0% of what these employees have told me have been true. The best part is since most of the interactions are on Live chat, I have copies of the transcripts, Optus has all the copies. Someone needs to be responsible for the mess these employees have put me through now that I am being overbilled, and charged for late payments for services I never got. 

Anyone who is bothered/interested in the uselessness of Optus, have a read below.

1. Sent in relocation request for the 14th of January 

****Did not receive any emails or notifications

2. Contacted Optus Live chat (14th of January)
Staff says no relocation request found, had to resubmit a new form for a new relocation request
Staff confirms disconnection date for old address to be on Dec 17th and bill will not continue until relocation has completed
I requested for the notifications to be sent via email and not SMS (overseas without access to the phone number)
Staff confirmed that this was possible and configured and that I will be notified with 2 business days

3. Contact Optus Live chat (21st of January)
Staff says they 'requeued' my relocation request, causing the 'date of submission' to be changed from 14th to the 21st of January
Staff states that relocation date will be on the 31st of January and I will be notified with 2 business days
I requested for the notifications to be sent via email and not SMS
Staff confirmed that this was possible and configured

4.Contact Optus Live chat (24th of January)
Staff now tells me that the relocation date is now 29th of January and I will be notified with 2 business days

5. Contact Optus Live chat (29th of January)
Staff now tells me that the relocation date is 31st of January!!!!
Staff insists that the problem will be escalated and that I will 100% receive an email within 2 business days

** Service is finally relocated on the 31st of January

6. Gets a bill for Dec-January
!! Even though the very first employee said that since our service has been disconnected as of Dec 17th, we would not be billed until the reconnection

7. Contact Optus Live chat (4th February)
Optus employee reassures that it was a billing mistake and that we can ignore the Dec-Jan bill as our service was disconnected and not reconnected yet

8. Gets bill for Dec-January-March (6th March)
Now our bill is 141.87 (only $62.47 is valid for their service from Feb-March) and stating that our bill is overdue.

Highlighted
Solution

Re: How can a company as big as Optus be as incompetent as this.

Ray_YC

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with these details. Based on what you've described, it should be straight forward to have the account balance fixed up by the team.
They should also be forwarding on all that feedback to be addressed.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
13 Kudos
7 Kudos
6 Kudos
6 Kudos
3 Kudos