Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Niccibee
New Contributor

HipFun SCAM

Hi All!

Just wanted to put it out there that it obviously isn't just myself that has been charged for subscriptions to HipFun.

My question is when will this be resolved?

I have searched through quite a few posts on this forum and it seems like alot of peole have been asking and asdking and getting nowhere!

They may be getting a response, but nothing resolving the actual issue of money being charged to their accounts.

I would very much like for Optus to contact me in regards to this charge as I am not paying a cent until this ridiculous matter is resolved.

I refuse to pay for a service I did not ask for, and was scammed into "subscribing".

I never gacve my consent for Hipfun to charge me a single dollar for their subscription.

I do not want it, need it, or want anything to do with this hideous scam.

So please optus, get in touch with me ASAP

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: HipFun SCAM

Changing the amount that you can be charged by these premium service companies is the most affective way of dealing with any further charges and this can be done by following the instructions on the first link below. Speaking with support on the live chat (second link) below about reversing the charges you have already incurred would be my next suggestion.

Getting Optus to change the default settings so that one has to option in to receiving premium service charges would solve this problem however I don't see this happening any time soon. I guess there must be a decent kickback from these premium service companies otherwise they would have changed it already given the amount of complaints.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/content-services-faqs-spend-control?requestType=NormalRe...

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator PhilC
RetiredModerator

Hi @Niccibee if you still need assistance with this please feel free to PM the full name, number and date of birth attached to the account →http://yesopt.us/pmphil and we'd be happy to assist.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Slimjim55
New Contributor

I have also been scanned by hipfun ,I believe for over a year.EE has now blocked third party charges on my account but I want a full refund for a service I did not authorize or subscribe to .I have been charged £12 a month,at least for over a year.I don't have the full details yet.Nor di I know what HipFun does or what service they provide.

How can I get a refund? 

0 Kudos
Moderator Tris

Could you please send a PM with your full name, account number and DOB @Slimjim55? I can get that looked into no problems

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors