Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor Rob379
New Contributor

Hip Tap Subscription!

Hi All, 

Can somebody pls advise or help. I have been getting billed for 6.99 for the last 5-6 weeks for a hip tap subscription. I have never signed up! And have been careful with such fraudulent services. I need these charges stopped and reversed? Pls pls help. This is ridiculous and I can't believe they can do this to someone

Thanks in advance 

Robby

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Hip Tap Subscription!

Contact Optus on live chat via the link below and tell them. Their process is to raise a dispute of these charges through to the third party (hip tap) who should contact you within 2 business days to discuss and hopefully reverse/credit them.

When you're talking to Optus also request your premium spend limit is set to $0 (by default it's $100) to ensure this can't happen again in the future.

http://yesopt.us/chat2us 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
New Contributor Rob379
New Contributor

Thanks SamSam. I have followed your instructions and chatted to an online customer rep. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the prompt response

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Aaaa
New Contributor

Same thing has happened to me. I have been fraudulently billed for the last 3 months amd have just reported it to Optus via live chat. How is it that Optus can bill their customers on behalf of a third party content provider without citing proof of a contractual arrangement between the customer and the third party provider. Also how is it that Optus are obviously well aware that Hip Tap is fraudulently billing their customers yet Optus is continuing to accept invoicing from Hip Tap and passing these costs on to its customers. Also how is it that Optus are well aware of the scam and its abuse and have not taken action to reduce the default content spend limit of their customers to $0 as a precaution with the option of opting out?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator PhilC
RetiredModerator

Hi @Aaaa sorry to hear about the confusion with these charges, if you'd like us to take a look into the account and make sure that these charges have been disputed and your limit has been set at $0 feel free to PM the full name, number and date of birth attached to the account here →http://yesopt.us/pmphil. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors