cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Madimay92
New Contributor

Help can someone contact my sister on her Optus phone as it won't get incoming calls and is urgent

My sister phone has been disconnect due to billing problem she has organised payment on Monday but in the mean time she cannot recieve incoming calls at all our parents passed away not long ago and our little sister is extremely suicidle and has tried to commit suicide 2 in past fortnight she lives in Perth my other sister with phone problems lives in Kalgoorlie and I live in Brisbane there is distance between us the only form of contact is phone. As she is in the same state as my younger sister with mental health it is best she can receive her phone calls or mine if something happens as it stand she has organise payment of her bill. On Monday I'm extremely distressed about this and so is she as she has no way of contact in or out until Monday that's over 72 hrs She will be uncontactable if the worse is to happen can you please help her atleast be able to receive incoming calls please please please thankyou for reading

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Help can someone contact my sister on her Optus phone as it won't get incoming calls and is urg

Best bet would be to speak to Optus by phone or Live Chat, as your not the Account Holder, I suspect you wont have much luck in getting the restriction lifted, she would need to speak to credit management.  Best bet would be to jump on live Chat at http://yesopt.us/chat2us and have a chat with Customer Service or give them a call on 133937.

New Contributor

Re: Help can someone contact my sister on her Optus phone as it won't get incoming calls and is urg

Can I ring because she cannot I'm just I. Brisbane and she In in Kalgoorlie otherwise of country

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Much as I'd like to say otherwise, at 9pm on a Saturday reconnecting services is very unlikely to happen. You should concentrate on other options.

Are you refering to a landline of mobile service that your sister has?

If you are that concerned then possibly call 000 and request police attend? 

Note that all mobile phones (disconnected or otherwise) can also call 000 anytime. 

I'd suggest she locate the nearest pay phone and she can call you on that anytime. She can reverse the charges dialing 1800 REVERSE (1800 738 377) but that is a costly call.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator PhilC
RetiredModerator

Re: Help can someone contact my sister on her Optus phone as it won't get incoming calls and is u...

Hi @Madimay92,

This really is concerning to hear! If you do have an account PIN, could you please send this through to us along with the full name, number and date of birth attached to the account. Alternatively, if your sister can reach out to us over Facebook or Twitter when possibly connected to WiFi we'd be happy to assist directly.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Her phone is bricked by Optus she can't use it at all but thanks it not her that suicidle its our sister we need to have our phone contactable for this reason 

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Re: Help can someone contact my sister on her Optus phone as it won't get incoming calls and is u...

I have private message u phill

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Thanks for the PM @ Madimay92. I'll reply there now. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors