cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Sam123marie
New Contributor

Fees

Hi everyone,

i just got got my monthly bill and I was shocked to see it totalled $344 instead of $94! 

I was on a sim plan because I was previously with virgin just for the sim. Optus had an online offer for the sim and iPhone recently that I spoke to a representative over the phone and she switched me over to. She told me no extra fees would have to be paid for. It charged me for an early upgrade fee totalling $220! Tell me this isn’t right ? I don’t mind paying the difference of $30 for the sim plan, but $220 is ridiculous!

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fees

Optus first bills can be notoriously wrong. Try live chat again and they will hopefully recredit the amount. 

No it's a little unclear. Were you on abortion plan or Optus plan before?

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor

I’m going in today to speak to an Optus worker.

I was with virgin sim only $40 a month, that was cancelling so i switched to optus $50 a month (that was the best they could do -_-) and then I saw they had a deal online, sim and iphone 8 plus $94 a month. I spoke to a representative over the phone and she said she would switch that over for me, and it would be transferred to my now current plan. So why is this upgrade fee $220? Thats what I really want cancelled, especially how she tole me there wpuld be no fees to pay.

thank you Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Optus stores generally can't do any thing about existing phone plans. They don't have access to accounts etc. And will generally ask you to contact Optus direct. In your case I assume you want to talk to the same representative?

Fwiw your situation would normally involve a cancellation fee. Otherwise customers would ask just keep grabbing the next best Deal. Possibly the sales person was wrong. You should still be able to cancel the deal of so as you were given wrong information

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor

It’s charging me a $31 plan fee change, which I don’t mind paying. Although the $220 upgrade fee is the one I think I’ll need to talk to them about. 

Thanks for for your help Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Good luck. I don't know how long you were on the $50 plan but only thing I can think of is perhaps they basically backdated the new plan onto the old plan start date. You would have no extra data charges for that period but the would apply the monthly handset payments. 

Do you know if the end date of your new plan is reset to 24 months or is still the original end date of the $50 plan?

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

I think 24 months. I had previously used an outright handset as I was paying for the sim only. The new plan I changed to included a leased new handset?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors