cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Email Hoax/Phishing??

I have received this email twice now. I think it's a hoax but want to confirm Hi There, Please find your new look Optus bill for your account is Due date You'll see there is a new account number and changes to the layout, including how GST is displayed. Get to know all the important changes to your bill and payment arrangements at optus.com.au/newbill Bill Amount $50.12 Due date 16 April Direct Debit from Credit card will occur on the due date Pay your bill now GOT QUESTIONS? For a cost breakdown and usage information, log in to your My Account dashboard. Log in to My Account THIS BILL COMPARED TO PREVIOUS MONTHS $50.12 23 Mar $29.00 23 Feb $19.00 25 Jan SERVICES ON THIS BILL OPTUS 0400 585 994 on $19 Optus Plan For more information about your usage of individual products, see your My Account dashboard LOOKING FOR HELP? Use our live chat Ask the Optus Community Download our My Optus App twitter.PNG youtube.PNG facebook.PNG Protecting yourself online You will never receive an email from us asking for sensitive information like your password, username or credit card info. If you do receive a request like that, never reply and instead let us know about it at abuse@optusnet.com. Learn more about online security at www.optus.com.au/internetsecurity This is a system generated email. Please do not reply to this email. To ensure our email reaches your inbox, please add myaccount@optus.com.au to your address book
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Email Hoax/Phishing??

That's a standard Optus email by the sounds of it. I assume the details mentioned seem roughly correct?

I agree that Optus is definitely doing the wrong thing by sending out emails with links etc.

It should at a minimum include a personal detail (like Hi there Peter)

But as a general rule you should never click on any email link to try access an account or pay a bill. Read it and then go off and login or call seperately.

But I suspect you know that already Smiley Happy. As a tip there's no limit to what you can copy and paste into a google search. I just googled 5 sentances in your email and got this. If its a scam then you'll often get many other links suggesting / confirming the same.

Regards

Peter Gillepsie

Top Contributors