cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Email Billing trouble

I talked to one of the customer support representative through online chat in Mid Mar to switch my NBN paper bill to email bill and my counterpart said she has got that done for me and it'll be in effect from next month's bill (Apr).  (Reasong not doing it online is because there's no such options for me to choose in my account whatsoever)

Normally my bills are issued on 20th every month and since I haven't got any emails from optus this month yet I used online chat to talk to one of the CSR again(Cherry). She said that the billing methond has indeed been updated already just that latest bill hasn't been uploaded yet so she'll send the invoice to me right away. 

Once the chat is finished and I received my bill I noticed I'm still being charged with $2.00 paper invoice fee which shouldn't be happening if the method has been updated. 

So I talked to another CSR(Jaxon) asking why there's still paper invoice fee and this time he said the billing method actually hasn't been changed yet so he'll update it for me.

I'm furious at how I can't even know whether my billing method has actually been updated or not and the fact that I needed to talk to 3 CSR and the first two were apparently lieing to me.

I demand OPTUS to confirm the status of my account's billing method and waive $2.00 off my April bill immediately.

Also I've applied for direct debit in My Account but apparently the request never went through.

Please save me the trouble from switching to other provider as I can't waste my time draggin on this matter anymore.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Email Billing trouble

I always thought the paper invoice fee was charged for the previous bill. e.g. the paper invoice fee on this bill was actually for last months bill. So if they had actually changed your method correctly like they said, it'd mean you'd get 1 more fee then that's it. I could be wrong though, or mixing it up with another charge (I'm thinking maybe non direct debit fee could be what I"m thinking of)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
New Contributor
New Contributor

I've activated email billing, however I have never received a bill via email yet (not in SPAM folder either), and now my bill is overdue. Can this issue be resolved please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have juta been reading all the complaints re email Billing. I am having the same problems. I have had to ring Optus the last 2 months as last month it was 3 weeks and I realised I had not received the bill as the prior month I had rang and told them to emil me

instead of posting. My bill is due on the 10th of the month and it wa the 25th of last month when I realised I had not received an email. I went into my account an it was there saying it was overdue. I Rang them and told them I had not received the bill and it is not up to me to remember every month when it is due. They assured me I would get the next bill via email. Today I realised I

had not received it and sure enough when I went into my account it was there and due today.

This is not good enough. I do not have this trouble with my mobile bill, I get it via email every month and have done so for the last

20 years and have always been very happy with Optus so when NBN come on I changed my home and internet to them but if this

keeps up I willbe pulling out and going to TPG. with everything..

Yes I agree with all these other people, FIX UP YOUR SYSTEMS AND DO IT QUICK BEFORE YOU LOOSE A LOT OF CUSTOMERS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Apologies @Fran44, have you spoken with our Customer Service team again so this can be raised? I agree it's frustrating you need to keep speaking to us about it, we may need to log a case with the IT team in this instance. Please chat with us here for a hand

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors