Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
kb189
New Contributor
New Contributor

Direct debit not working ?

I got an email saying my latest internet bill is overdue, despite having direct debit enabled. I double checked in My Account, and all my direct debit details are there. I ended up paying this bill manually, but why wouldn't direct debit be working? (There was enough money in the account so it's not that) I don't want to have to worry about this every month...

9 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Direct debit not working ?

Hi there,

Did you only recently set up Direct Debit? If you had set it up after the most recent bill had been issued, it would have had to been paid manually as you have since done.
If previous bills have been paid with Direct Debit and then this one mysteriously didn't that is odd, let us know if it happens again next month.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
kelshaw
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Had a direct debit in place, then changed my plan to a bundle, and the account to my Westpac cheque account. The amount was $60 and was to become $75 per month. No we have a payment problem. This was done by a store
0 Kudos
Serena_YC

Hi @kelshaw

Thank you for raising this issue.

Please note that we are unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd. If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus app.

Our Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

kelshaw
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

My bank account details are in place, and I was expecting to pay $75 per month. Nothing has been taken so something is wrong elsewhere. I have been down this path with you guys before. You incurred penalties unfairly  when the problem is yours not mine and it looks like this has happened yet again! Why is there an amount of $105 showing for one month when the full amount quoted was $75? If you cannot answer these queries then refer my problem to someone who can sort it 

Thankyou

0 Kudos
Tina_YC

We're sorry you're having issues with your billing, @kelshaw. This is definitely not the experience we want our customers to be having. 

Since we’re unable to look up account details on Yes Crowd, we highly recommend messaging us via the My Optus app. If for some reason you’re unable to use the My Optus app, please send a private message to the official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page. From there, we can verify your account and investigate further. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

kelshaw
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have tried to use the My Optus app without success. 

0 Kudos
Vin_YC

Hi @kelshaw, thanks for reaching out to us here.  Sorry to hear you're having some issues using into the My Optus app.

Can I please bother you to reach out to us by a private message via our Social Media pages (official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page) where we'll be able to obtain your details securely and assist you further with your concern?

kelshaw
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Tried all the suggested options without any results so I will be going to a store where I can speak to a human being and hopefully get a good result. If not I’ll have to go elsewhere
0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

Its not great to see you feel this way @kelshaw. Should you have any further enquiries after visiting the store, we would be more than happy to assist online. Just send through your service details via the social media platforms linked above and we will get back to you with some more information