cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Denying existence of my previous issues so you don't need to compensate me

I switched to Optus on 6 May 2016. I continued to contact support at Optus because the internet was unreliable and I could not use it for business. Optus told me that they would compensate me for the down-time. The issue was finally fixed on 17 June 2016. The NBN technician told me the wires on the NBN had a bad Earth. Optus told me they would compensate me. I rang Optus about a month later and they told me that the Quality of service guarantee would mean I would be compensated, however, it was still in the claims section. I have rang many times and told the claim was still being processed. Yesterday, I rang Optus and they told me they have no record of any fault. I have a full listing of all the SMS messages from Optus with dates that technician came to my place.

I rang yesterday, and after being passed from one department to another for 1Hr and 27 mins, Manny told me they have no record of any faults on my account for that service.

I have passed this on to the Ombudsman, along with the SMS messages from Optus showing all the dates technician came to my place.

11 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Denying existence of my previous issues so you don't need to compensate me

You should try call NBNCo. It may be that the fault is lodged with them and not Optus.

Call 1800687626 and get them to check the records for you property.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Possibly later, however, my contract is with Optus. I have a copy of all the messages from Optus and have passed them on to Ombudsman. Optus can contact NBN Co on thier time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

It will no doubt work through in the wash but Optus and NBN are two different companies. Its probable NBN technicians worked on your issue and its the NBN that has service compensation responsibilities. 

Not sure why the people at Optus wouldn't have considered that but the calls yours to make or not.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey Angelo_f - I'm sure there may have been a mistake and the person you've spoken to last is not correct. If you've recently spoken with out Faults crew and you also have screens shots we can find it. 

If you've also contacted the TIO then this will be referred to our CRG (Consumer Resolutions Group) who will be in touch within 10 business days of the referral being received. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I have my TIO number and Ombudsman has said they have contacted Optus.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

To YOU from : Optus

Date : 05/06/2016 09:33:04 AM

NBN have connected your premise to the network and have activated the connection. Now that NBN have finished, to complete the installation you need to set up your Optus modem ( refer to the instructions we sent you). If you haven't already, you should do this now to get back online and/or make calls right away. Any questions, call us 1300 300 427

------------------------------------------------------------

Thread: 9999

To YOU from : 9999

Date : 05/16/2016 10:01:09 AM

Optus Msg:

Hi . fault reference number  15162558  has been logged for the issue you have reported. For further assistance our faults contact centre is open 24/7 on 1300300427  . Thanks Optus

Thanks, Robert.

For self-service options, download the My Optus app yesopt.us/myoptusapp

Date : 05/18/2016 09:20:11 AM

Optus Msg:

Thank you for calling Optus today.Make sure you download and use your FREE Optus

app on your mobile phone

you can make payment extensions,view and pay bills,set up international roaming add voicemail and check your data usage  plus lots more

have a look today,there's also a rewards section for you .click the link below

yesoptus/myoptusapp

Thanks, Sherri.

Date : 05/25/2016 11:15:00 AM

Optus Message: Thanks for the recent contact regarding account 80836835300125. A payment advice has been recorded on the account. Your services will not be restricted if the advised payment is received within the next 3 days. There is no need to contact Optus. SMS 'menu' to 9999 for more self-service options. More info at www.optus.com.au/contactus.

Date : 06/17/2016 12:44:45 PM

Optus Msg:

Hi Angelo, it was nice talking to you, as discussed I have transferred you to the technical team. Any further enquiries please call Optus at 1333 43. Have a nice day.

Thanks, John.

Thread: +61421267502

To YOU from : +61421267502

Date : 05/13/2016 07:37:44 PM

Optus Msg: We tried calling Re: 15162558. If the issue continues, head to Optus.com.au/faults-hub or call 131344 24/7. If resolved, please reply 'FIXED'.

Thread: +61421267502

To : +61421267502

Date : 05/16/2016 09:36:05 AM

Still broken

Date : 05/16/2016 10:01:27 AM

Optus Msg: An NBN Tech is booked for 15162558 on 20/05/16, 8AM-12PM. An Adult (18+) must be there. Reply CHANGE or CANCEL if unsuitable or call 131344

Date : 05/16/2016 04:33:34 PM

Optus Msg: An NBN Tech is booked for 15162558 on 20/05/16, 8AM-12PM. An Adult (18+) must be there. Reply CHANGE or CANCEL if unsuitable or call 131344

Date : 06/03/2016 11:26:22 AM

Optus Msg: The fault REF: 15232182 should now be fixed. If the issue continues, visit Optus.com.au/faults-hub or call us 24/7 on 131344

Date : 06/05/2016 06:37:52 PM

Optus Msg: An NBN Tech is booked for 15241466 on 07/06/16, 1PM-5PM. An Adult (18+) must be there. Reply CHANGE or CANCEL if unsuitable or call 131344

Date : 06/17/2016 06:50:49 PM

Optus Msg: An NBN Tech is booked for 15284907 on 21/06/16, 1PM-5PM. An Adult (18+) must be there. Reply CHANGE or CANCEL if unsuitable or call 131344

0 Kudos
Highlighted

My sincere apologies @angelo_f for the inconvenience caused. I totally understand your concern and frustration with this. Since the enquiry has already been escalated to TIO a case manager will be in contact with you in the given time frame. If you can provide any fault reference number you've been given, I can check to see if there's any updates to the status of the fault. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

If you looked at the log of messages from Optus, you would see a fault number listed. However, as I stated already, the fault was fixed in June last year - I am waiting for compensation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

I see, okay, can you please PM me with your account number, full name and DOB? Happy to have a chat about with you privately about any eligible compensation. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors