cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Customer Service

Absolutely disgusted with Optus customer service recently. In February I upgraded my mobile internet from 50GB to 100GB for the same price. The customer rep I spoke to said in order to do this he would have to sign me up to a new plan and then cancel the other plan. I asked if I had to call up again to cancel the old one, but he said that would all be taken care of. I asked him if any excess fees would be incurred but he said no the rollover should be seemless.

A few days later I received the new SIM card set it up with my hotspot device. A few weeks later I noticed my total data available still said 150GB. I thought something must be wrong so I called up Customer Service to ask if everything was ok. I spoke to another rep who assured me everything was ok and I just needed to wait and it would sort itself out. So I waited.

A week or two later I receieved my Optus bill. Sure enough I was charged for both plans. Once again I called up customer service to try and rectify the situation and ask for a refund for the mistake.

Over the next few days I spoke to probably about 6 different people and wasted probably about 10 hours. I was transfered a number of times to different departements each time having to explain the situation from the very start. I was told I would receive call backs which never came. I was sent SMS messages saying my complaint was in process. But after everything NOTHING happened. Not even a call back from someone with some sort of explanation.

Is this Optus' new strategy of dealing with customers or is it just sheer incompetence? Up until this point I was a very loyal Optus customer for over 10 years who would readily recommend Optus products to clients and friends, but after recent events they have made me lose all confidence in their ability to deal with customers.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Customer Service

I would say complete incompetence.

Might be time for you to go to the ombudsmen.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Customer Service

Hey @Carl777 - can definitely see how this must be frustrating, given how many reps you've spoken to.

Can you please PM me with your account details, full name and DOB so I can take a look?
Apologies for the experience. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos