Searching...

Continual issues with billing

kitwalker87

I've had to contact Optus every single month with continual issues - I keep being told that they will be fixed and I will be credited but the following month the same issue occurs and I keep having money taken from my account for services I am not using.

I signed up for an ADSL account ($80 per month including fetch), + an additional adapter and a couple of bits worth $41.82. 

June 26 it was activated

June 29 I had $79.99 deducted from my account

July 10 I received a bill for $250.65 - I called Optus and to have it fixed (it was not fixed in full)

July 28 I had $152.05 deducted from my account

August 10 I received a bill for $160 - i spoke to Optus to have it fixed - it wasn't

August 28 I had $160 deducted from my account

September 10 I received a bill for $160 - i spoke to Optus to have it fixed - (it was not fixed in full/ I was not credited)

September 28 I had $80 deducted from my account

October 10 I received a bill for $160 - it's getting ridiculous as I've spent hours trying to get this fixed.

I've already paid $472 for a service that i should have only spent a maximum of $242 on so far (because of the extra products) - I should have credit on my account and should not be charged another $160. My account shows 2 phone services when i should only have the adsl - I've been told multiple times it was fixed and it isn't.

Can someone in billing fix this permanently so I don't have to keep going around in circles!

Re: Continual issues with billing

Toomey

Hey @kitwalker87, thanks for reaching out. We'd need to know more about the charges to provide advice here. It seems your second bill sky rocketed. When you check the bill, are there any one off charges?

What's the "fixing" for? I'm assuming there is an extra charge on the bill that needs removing? Or have you been placed on the wrong plan?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

kitwalker87

Call centre and Chat assistance keep claiming its corrected. Issue appears to be that they put me on 2 $80 plans at once and the 2nd one is not being removed even though they keep saying it is. 

Toomey

Hmm ok that sounds most bizarre. I'll definitely need to see your bills to get a better understanding. Feel free to send me a private message with your account number, full name and DOB so I can take a look. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

kitwalker87

Thanks I have just sent through 

jasy

Did Optus fix your issue? I'm in the same situation. I asked to move from basic plus bundle to $60 Plan but Optus added both plans to my account. You would think there is a system check to confirm how you can have 2 numbers to the single connection. Anyway, same thing as you, Optus would credit me the incorrect amount but they doesn't seem to be able to fix the issue. 2 billing cycle and still the same thing. I'm hoping this would be fix before the 3rd billing cycle. Service & competencey has really gone down hill.

kitwalker87

I've had $240 applied to my account since contacting Toomey directly through here. They've now raised an investigation with a ref number but I haven't had any actual communciation back since Toomey lodged it for me (even though the credit shows something has happened). It's progressing at least, would suggest you send a private message through to one of the moderators with what you've been through as they seem to be in more of a position to either understand or just want to actually help. The call centre and chat functions were pretty horrendous in terms of delivering on what they said they would. In store service has still been great for me so I'll probably just use that for any future issues I encounter.

Good luck!

jasy

Thanks for the reply, Kit. I'll wait for the moderator to contact me or post a new thread  to get some attention. 

Highlighted

Aman_B

Hi @jasy, what seems to be the issue. Feel free to contact us Here with your account details and we can discuss. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
17 Kudos
8 Kudos
5 Kudos
5 Kudos
5 Kudos